Finance Manager at StarTimes Rwanda: (Deadline 31 December 2021)
STAR AFRICA MEDIA BACKGROUND
StarTimes Group was founded in 1988 by Chinese engineer Pang Xinxing, who is also the company’s current chairman. In 2002, StarTimes began to expand its business to Africa.
In 2007, it became the first digital television operator licensed by Gorvment of Rwanda . Since then, StarTimes has established subsidiaries in 30 African countries.
In 2009, StarTimes and the Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation formed a joint venture to roll out digital migration. In February 2016, StarTimes was awarded a DTH license in Ivory Coast. Operations began in October 2016.
On 23 November 2016, StarTimes was one of the three companies selected by the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) to establish and operate DTH distribution services in Pakistan for 15 years. On 2 September 2017, the Government of Chad and StarTimes signed an agreement on digital migration. After a lengthy process, StarTimes was chosen to build a Digital Terrestrial Television network that will include digitization of national infrastructures, television broadcast, and reception.
In 2018, StarTimes began to implement “Access to satellite TV for 10,000 African villages”, a China-Africa cooperation project aimed at giving rural areas of Africa access to digital media.
The Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) and StarTimes launched in Zambia in 2017 TopStar Communication Company Limited, a public signal distributor and Zambia’s official digital migration agent, as a joint-venture.
In June 2018, StarTimes launched ON, a video streaming service (OTT) giving access to dozens of channels in Africa.
In 2020, the StarTimes e-shopping platform, StarTimes GO was launched. This interactive online shopping platform is supported by TV, Online, and Phone call services and available across Africa.
Star Africa Media has also E-commerce platform to attract the potential customers by using online services through E-commerce.
2. Job Description
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Financial Director
3 Finance Manager Duties:
- Monitor day-to-day financial operations within the company invoicing, and other financial transactions
- Overseeing the cost approval and payment processes and ensuring they are correctly followed always
- Preparing asset report and statement of liabilities
- Providing tax services with reference to current legislation
- Dealing with insolvency cases
- Check compliance of internal transactions with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide documentation for auditors, develop plans with RMS in accordance with audit recommendations
- Analyzes revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets.
- Maintains an accurate filing and record-keeping system for all financial statements and company documents.
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
- Maintain the financial filling system
- Manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Skills and required Qualifications:
Hold at list Bachelor’s Degrees (A0) in accounting, Finance, and Economics.
Professional accounting certification (CPA, ACCA, or any other accounting professional qualifications,
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in finance, budgeting, auditing, and/or other experience managing the finances.
- Extensive experience in the use of automated accounting systems and computer software is required
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Languages required
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in English and Kinyarwanda. The knowledge of the French language is an added value.
- Strong skills in word processing, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Presentation, and internet.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 31st December 2021. Only soft copies will be accepted. Please indicate in the subject line: “Finance Manager” with the following attachments:
- Motivation/Application Letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of academic and professional credentials;
- 3 letters of reference
- Copy of ID/ Passport
NB: Internal Candidates are encouraged to apply.
All in 1 PDF file.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for next steps.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.