FMSH 2021 International Research Grants: (Deadline 15 September 2021)
In partnership with the FMSH and the Carnegie Corporation of New York, Columbia Global Centers | Amman has co-established a six-month virtual fellowship to support scholars working in the social sciences on themes relating to exiting violence. While there is a substantial amount of research on the issue of violence as well as on its causes and modalities, very little research has been done on the issue of ‘exiting’ violence.
Thus, this virtual fellowship program aims to involve researchers, including young researchers, from the MENA region, and provide them with opportunities to investigate how to exit violence by analyzing the processes involved in exiting violence as part of an ongoing dialogue with policy-makers and practitioners.
Fellows will be part of the International Panel on Exiting Violence (IPEV), which is a multidisciplinary community of researchers and specialists internationally recognized for their work on contemporary forms of violence.
During the six-month virtual fellowship, fellows are expected to produce and publish articles and op-ed pieces on exiting violence in publications in the region, as well as in international online publications (such as The Conversation, the Huffington Post, Slate, etc.), participate in a series of virtual webinars, and contribute by offering recommendations in video or podcast format to international, regional and national institutions, policy-makers, NGO representatives, and practitioners on this issue.
Support mechanisms for Fellows include:
- Creating collaborations between researchers in the MENA region and their peers in the U.S. and Europe;
- Enhancing visibility of the issues addressed by IPEV in the media and among policymakers internationally;
- Disseminating the research work and ideas through media content;
- Building capacity of researchers through access to two virtual training workshops designed by the Columbia Writing Center and the Journalism School; and,
- Fostering a network of fellows by linking them to other related Columbia initiatives that support social science researchers.
About Foundation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme
As an international crossroads for Humanities and Social Sciences, the Foundation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme works in synergy with international scientific communities and networks, and fosters collaboration amongst scientific fields.
International Research Grants
- Type Fellowship
- Organisation Foundation Maison des Sciences de l’Homme
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline September 15, 2021
Aim and Benefits of International Research Grants
A stipend of USD $6,000 for a six-month fellowship, and will have access to a virtual training at Columbia University.
Requirements for International Research Grants Qualification
Candidates are scholars:
- from the MENA region;
- in the social sciences who have been researching and publishing on issues of exiting violence, and identifying good practices for exiting contemporary forms of violence and their tragic consequences including exile and forced migration
September 15, 2021
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a dossier that includes the following materials by September 15, 2021:
- A curriculum vita that includes academic credentials and professional experience;
- A personal statement (two pages) that includes motivation for applying to this program, as well as a description of research work in relation to transitioning from violence;
- A proposal describing the research that will be undertaken during the six-month fellowship;
- One to two writing samples/publications;
- Letter of recommendation from an academic colleague who is familiar with applicant’s previous work; and,
- Copies of academic transcripts.
Please direct any inquiries regarding eligibility to Nour Laswi, Program Officer of the Fellowship Program on Exiting Violence, at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.