FoodTech Challenge 2022 for Early-stage Agri Food Tech Start-ups: (Deadline 24 June 2022)
Applications for the FoodTech Challenge 2022 are now open. The FoodTech Challenge seeks to find the next wave of technology innovations that are on the cusp of transforming food and traditional agriculture practices, efficiently and sustainably.
Targeted at early-stage start-ups, ranging from international university-based research teams to individual entrepreneurs and small firms, the competition invites innovations related to two critical areas: ‘food production’ to address the availability and abundance of food and explore ‘next gen’, nutrient rich alternatives, and ‘food loss and waste’ to ensure sustainability across the food supply chain and the planet more broadly.
Award from FoodTech Challenge
- The total prize pool is valued at US $2 Million and consists of cash awards, incentive schemes, start-up acceleration, and R&D support.
- The FoodTech Challenge will cover transportation, and accommodation costs for a select number of finalists to visit the UAE (subject to travel restrictions).
Eligibility for FoodTech Challenge
The competition is open to all participants above 18 years old. They are specifically looking for early-stage agri food tech start-ups within Food Production and Food Loss and Waste.
To be eligible to participate, your start-up should:
- Firstly, Address ‘Food Production’ or ‘Food Loss and Waste’ segments of the value chain;
- Secondly, Have not yet gone for a Series-A funding round;
- Thirdly, Have a workable minimum viable product;
- Additionally, Have been in operation for less than 5 years;
- Lastly, Have no more than 25 employees.
Selection Criteria of FoodTech Challenge
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Technology: Applications must be feature value-adding technologies that have the potential to transform the food and agriculture sectors through unique solutions.
- Commercial Viability: Applications must have a clearly identified and significant addressable market and a pathway for financial viability over the medium term.
- Environmental Sustainability: Applications must demonstrate efficient use of natural resources and contribute to the environmental sustainability of food and agriculture.
- UAE Relevance: Applications must target a food security challenge relevant to the UAE, and solutions must have the potential to be deployed in the country.
To participate in the FoodTech Challenge, you will need to create an account on the competition submission portal.
After you have created an account and verified your email address, login to access the application form. You will have to provide information about your organization and proposed solution, along with short responses to several prompts, a detailed business case featuring additional company information, and a demo video of your solution.
If you would like to receive feedback prior to the Regular Submission deadline, you may opt for the Early Submission route, which entails submitting the application form alongside an executive summary by the Early Submission deadline (May 20, 2022).
Once you have provided all the required information, you can submit your application!
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.