French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme: (Deadline 6 July 2021)
Apply for Fellowships at the Paris IAS in2022-2023. The French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme offers 10-month fellowships in the five Institutes of Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Montpellier, and Nantes. It welcomes applications from high-level international scholars and scientists primarily in the fields of the social sciences and the humanities (SSH).
For the 2022-2023 academic year, the French Institutes for Advanced Study offers 17 fellowship positions in Paris. The fellows’ projects at the Paris IAS can be in any discipline and themes in the social sciences and humanities (SSH). They must have a strong interdisciplinary dimension and aim at a major advance on their topic or in methods. An essential selection criteria is the capacity of the proposed projects to make explicit their potential impact beyond their discipline/field and possibly beyond academia. Priority will be given to projects addressing societal challenges or offering innovative insights into the functioning of humans and societies.
The Paris IAS also welcomes projects at the interface between SSH and the cognitive and neurosciences. In particular, the program on “Brain, culture, and society” would like to explore in priority the three following themes: City design and the brain: a dialogue between architecture and neuroscience; Psychomotor organization and the regulation of behavior (impulsivity, inhibition); Future Minds: the societal implications of the technological and pharmaceutical methods of cognitive augmentation.
- All IAS have agreed on common standards, including the provision of a living allowance (min. net 2,700€ per month), social security coverage, accommodation, a research budget, plus coverage of travel expenses.
- In addition to that, The FIAS fellows will benefit from the support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS, in an interdisciplinary cohort of fellows and in close relation to the local research potential. The fellows will be free to organize their work and conduct research as they wish.
- FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
- The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. The exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible to the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme but they have to have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
Applications are submitted online via www.fias-fp.eu where you will find detailed information regarding the content of the application, eligibility criteria, and selection procedure.