Fully Funded 2022- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Visiting Fellow Program: (Deadline Ongoing)
Applications are invited for the Fully Funded Asian Development Bank (ADB) Visiting Fellow Program.
ADB’s Visiting Fellow Program provides an opportunity for researchers and academics to share their ongoing or recently completed economic research in ADB headquarters in Manila.
ADB accepts applications year-round, but selections will be made on a quarterly basis. Female applicants and applicants from ADB developing member countries are especially encouraged to apply.
The program offers visiting fellows the opportunity to:
- Moreover, Give a presentation or lecture on a research topic that is of mutual interest and relevance to both ADB and the visiting fellow. ADB’s ongoing research topics are Aid and Development; Behavior and Decision Making; Economics of Climate Change; Employment and Labor Markets; Financial Sector Development; Governance and Institutions; Growth and Structural Transformation; Human Capital; Infrastructure and Software; International Trade and Finance; Macroeconomics; Money and Finance; Poverty, MDGs, and Inclusive Growth; Project Economic Analysis; Regional Public Goods; Social Protection; Trade and Investment.
- Additionally, Interact with staff from ADB’s Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD) and other departments to discuss fresh ideas or methodologies on the selected topic and to give advice on ongoing or future ERCD research.
Benefits from ADB Visiting Fellow Program
- Honorarium: A lump-sum honorarium will be paid to the visiting fellow, depending on his/her experience, qualifications, and agreed length of visit, as determined by the ERCD selection committee.
- Travel costs: ADB will provide a roundtrip air ticket via the most direct and cost-effective route on economy class, and reimburse the cost for obtaining a visa;
- Miscellaneous travel expense: A one-time allowance of $100 will be given to the visiting fellow;
- Office space: ADB will provide office space in the department for the duration of the visiting fellow’s stay.
- Accommodation and subsistence allowance: ADB will pay the visiting fellow a daily allowance to cover hotel costs and subsistence;
- Insurance coverage: The visiting fellow will be responsible for his/her own travel and health insurance for the duration of his/her visit to ADB headquarters.
- Non-entitlement: The visiting fellow is not entitled to participate in ADB’s medical and dental retainer plans, staff retirement plan, salary, privileges, immunities, and other privileges for ADB staff.
- Lastly, Security: The visiting fellow is liable for his/her own security and safety and is advised to register with his/her respective embassy in Manila. In case of evacuation from the country, he/she follows the embassy’s contingency planning.
Eligibilities required for ADB Visiting Fellow Program
- Have a PhD or its equivalent, or be a PhD candidate, in economics or a related field
- Have ongoing research or a research proposal on a topic of relevance to ADB; and
- Be a national of one of ADB’s members
Eligible Regions: ADB member countries
Applications should be sent to email@example.com(link sends e-mail), and should include the following:
- Firstly, Short cover letter;
- Secondly, Curriculum vitae;
- Thirdly, Short description of an ongoing research project(s) including objective(s) of the study, methodology, findings, and policy implications;
- Moreover, Presentation materials such as PowerPoint slides; and
- Additionally, A draft paper, if available.
Selection Criteria for ADB Visiting Fellow Program
An ERCD selection committee chaired by ADB’s Chief Economist will meet quarterly to review applications and make the final selection. There are two selection methods under the program:
- Competitive selection: Applications will be evaluated based on the applicant’s background and expertise, as well as the quality of research and its relevance to ADB
- Direct selection: This modality will be used in special cases where ERCD deems it necessary to engage specific individuals for their expertise
Applications will be reviewed each calendar quarter, and responses will be sent out a month after the end of each quarter (e.g., by 31 July for applications received in the second quarter of the year). If you do not hear from us within 1 month after the calendar quarter when your application was sent, then your application was not favorably considered.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.