Gender Equity and Social Inclusion Director at Winrock International: (Deadline Ongoing)
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is seeking a Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project that will strengthen the capacity of Rwandans—women, youth, and persons with disabilities—to activity participate in the workforce. The Director will work across project teams to ensure that all interventions are grounded in and responsive to the barriers to workforce inclusion faced by women, youth and persons with disabilities and build on their unique strengths and talents. The Director will assess, review and inform the design and adaptation of all interventions based on their effectiveness in impacting women, youth and people with disabilities. The Director will also provide strategic direction of the design of SBC strategies, mechanisms and tools that inspire women, youth and people with disabilities towards entrepreneurship and employment, and increase societal awareness, positive perception and acceptance of inclusion amongst market actors. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Segment skills development and business strengthening activities to the specific needs faced by women, youth and persons with disabilities, and to demonstrate the business case for social inclusion;
- Work with the CLA team to design and implement GESI-related learning activities to assess intended and unintended impacts of project interventions on women, youth and people with disabilities;
- Foster collaborative and action-oriented dialogue between private sector, civil society organization and government to design, usher and ensure compliance with anti-discrimination policies and practices;
- Engage with agribusinesses to promote adoption of effective strategies for inclusive business practices;
- Develop and implement strategies for promoting successful examples of inclusive business models with the goal of elevating inclusion at the macro level;
- Ensure grants and partnerships are designed to address the barriers faced by women, youth and persons with disabilities in integrating the workforce, and contribute to systems-level learning and demonstration of the business case for inclusion;
- Build and nurture partnerships aimed at increasing societal awareness, positive perception, and acceptance of the importance of inclusion;
- Build capacity of project staff, partners, and grantees on GESI-sensitive programming and implementation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in international development, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences or a similar relevant field;
- At least 8 years of experience in designing GESI-sensitive activities preferably for agriculture, competitiveness, and/or enterprise/workforce development projects;
- Experience designing and implementing SBC tools aimed at changing societal perceptions, preferably towards women and socially excluded/vulnerable groups;
- In-depth knowledge of the local operating environment in Rwanda and proven ability to foster and maintain partnerships with private and public sector actors;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.