Global Development Network Video Contest: (Deadline 4 July 2021)
Apply for Global Development Network Video Contest. The Global Development Network is partnering with the French Development Agency, AFD, to conduct an online video contest, on key development transitions taking place across the globe. The videos will tell the story of these transitions through the eyes of young researchers working in the Global South – enabling global audiences to learn about their challenges and successes.
The videos will link deep local knowledge and perspectives to the public discourse on global development through a variety of subjects such as climate, energy, gender, governance and more. If you are up to 40 years old and are a researcher from the Global South, apply by 4 July 2021.
Videos can focus on any of the following areas (the list is indicative and not exhaustive)
- Global picture: ODA, sustainable development, SDGs, anthropological and technological revolution, decision making in a complex world, digital revolution, knowledge revolution, etc.
- Climate and energy transition: Energy, climate change
- Territorial and ecological transition: urban development, environmental degradation, natural resource management in all sectors, biodiversity mainstreaming, actions for sustainable living.
- Demographic and social transition: demographic trends, migration, gender issues, poverty, inequality, education, health, the future of work, cultural issues, vulnerability and fragility, conflict prevention.
- Economic and financial transition: growth, development finance, trade, structural transformations.
- Political and civic transition: governance, corruption, political regimes, political participation.
- Methodological issues: development measurements, the concept of transition, measures of wellbeing, prospective.
- Emerging approaches: Sustainability science or Sustainability Transitions Research
- Disciplinary expertise: The competition is open to researchers with at least a Master’s degree in social sciences. Applicants from the natural sciences are welcome to apply if they are currently working in larger multidisciplinary teams with social scientists.
- Age: up to 40 years old on July 4th, 2021.
- Professional/academic affiliation: the contest is open to researchers with at least a Master’s degree, and who spend a significant part of their time working on academically informed research, irrespective of the registration status of their institution of affiliation.
- Nationality: the contest is open to all researchers affiliated to an institution based in one of the countries listed in Annexe 1, irrespective of their nationality.
- Language: applicants are requested to submit their videos and application in English or French.
Shortlisted applicants will receive structured feedback and support (from both communications experts and research staff) before they are invited to re-work and submit a final and longer version of their video. All shortlisted participants who go through the revision and resubmission will compete for monetary prizes worth EUR 6,000.