Head of Finance at Save the Children: (Deadline 7January 2022)
Advert- Head of Finance (1)
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Head of Finance is responsible for all finance functions for Save the Children in Rwanda & Burundi. This includes ensuring the integrity of financial systems, that all financial transactions are properly recorded, that all financial reporting (budget, cash flow, forecasts) are delivered in a timely and accurate manner, and ensuring full compliance with internal policies and procedures, legal and donor requirements. This is a senior management role, providing crucial support to the Country Director with oversight of all finance staff.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of seven years management experience in a corporate or International NGO (INGO) environment, with three years at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Finance /Accounting (or equivalent)
- CPA or equivalent certification (CA, ACMA, ACCA,CIMA) strongly recommended
- Strong background in external donor reporting for an INGO and experience working with major donors like NORAD, ECHO, USAID, EU, DFID etc
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience in financial management, budget management, leading and motivating teams, knowledge of computer Accounting packages and a good understanding of major donors’ financial requirements and government budgets and tax policies
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience of general administration work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
- A full appreciation of the value of collaboration, both internationally and within a team environment
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 7th January 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.