Head of IT at ASA Microfinance (Rwanda) Plc: (Deadline 12 October 2021)
Position: Head of IT
Number of Vacancies: 01- Full time
Location: Head Office-Kigali
About ASA Microfinance Rwanda PLC:
ASA Microfinance (Rwanda) Plc. is a subsidiary of ASA International which is a Public Limited Company established in Rwanda in the year of 2014 and currently working countrywide in establishing 30 branches. It aims specially to work for alleviating poverty and empowering woman throughout the country. It is to be noted that, ASA International has established microfinance institutions in different countries in ASAI and Africa in order to work bring low-income people in the financial system.
About the role:
We are seeking to fill managerial position in our IT Department with intelligent, long term committed and self-motivated energetic individual. We are looking for an energetic Head of IT to join the team with a long-term focus functionally reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and administratively reporting to the Country Managing Director.
- Create a concrete ICT development and deployment plan within the organization, lead and motivate the IT team to achieve the proposed visions.
- Provide feedback to internal teams, communicating technical use cases for new features and enhancements, and participating in spec review & existing business programs.
- Manage and prioritize the team’s workload on a daily basis.
- Work with our global Team Leads to develop, support, implement and improve existing and new workflow processes.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technological needs. Finally, collaborate the development and deployment phases with the documented technical specifications.
- Diligently investigate and validate the business requirements and software/hardware issues, before escalating to the appropriate group.
- The candidate should be responsible for Network-System Operation, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting task.
- The candidate should be responsible for System design & plan, IT product selection & procurement task.
- The candidate should be responsible for end user Product maintenance & support for HQ and Branch Offices.
- The candidate should be responsible for Data Center infrastructure and Passive Cabling,
- The candidate should be responsible for taking ownership for completing assigned Project within the given time frame.
- The candidate should be able to forecast upcoming requirements and should be able to submit a proposal to management.
- The candidate should be responsible for data security, network access, and data backup.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit System and assess their outcomes
- Maintaining All IT infrastructure such as Network, System, Storage, Antivirus, IP surveillance, Attendance and Door Access Control System, Consumer Products Such as Desktop, laptop, Printers, IP telephony System, Video Conference System, etc.
- The Candidate should be responsible for working with a cross-functional team to achieve the same goal.
- The candidate should be responsible for managing his team, skill development, training & certification, and administrative tasks.
- The candidate should be responsible for his own skill development, product knowledge, training, and certifications.
- Candidate should communicate with vendors, suppliers, Service Providers for new requirements, current solution, Warranty Claim, AMC/SLA, and troubleshoot purpose.
- Preserve IT assets and maintaining proper documentations for Regular System Operation, Purchase, Approvals, Changes, Incident, etc.
- Timely reporting to Management
Technical Skills Requirement:
- System Deployment Knowledge: Installing and configuring SQL Server, Set up IIS for web deployment, Additional applications/services installation, and configuration as per the requirements.
- Network-System Design: Making Network Diagram, Creating and Making IP Plan, Product Selection for network, server, and consumer products.
- Networking Skills: Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switch configuration, Skills on SSH, VLAN, Inter Vlan Routing, Spanning Tree, Routing Protocol (static and dynamic), Device Hardening, Gre Tunnel, IPSec VPN, configuring Router, Interfaces, Device Configuration backup, and restore, etc.
- Licensing and Subscription: Windows OS (Server and PC) licensing, Microsoft Office Licensing, Antivirus and Firewall Subscription, and other software’s license and subscriptions.
- Product Knowledge: Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switches, Router, Firewall, Fortinet Firewall, Dell Server and Storage, NetApp storage, Product Licensing, RMA, Warranty information, Jira.
- Security Skills: Firewall Configuration, Policy Creating, Feature enabling, VPN, SSL VPN, IPSEC VPN, URL filtering, Application Control, Web Application firewall operation, firewall Cluster(Active-Standby), Firewall licensing, Load Balancing, Bandwidth Control, report, and log monitoring Backup and restore. Centralized Antivirus Operation, report, Control, Group Management, etc.
- Server and Storage: Understanding Server components (RAM, HDD, Motherboard, NIC, Cabling, Warranty, OS installation, BIOS, NIC Teaming, Virtualization (Hyper-V/VMware), Virtual machines create, Operation, etc. Application installation, operation, troubleshoot, etc.
- Cloud Computing Skills: Knowledge regarding cloud services such as AWS,Azure, etc. Cloud DC/DR solution.
1. M.Sc or B.Sc in EEE/ETE/CS/CSE or any Engineering discipline from any reputed university.
- Networking: CCNP(R&S or DC or Security) Equivalent or Higher
- MCSA or Higher
- Certification on Fortinet Security Products
3. OtherSecurity Certifications will add advantages.
4. Knowledgeon ISO Standard like ISO 9001/27001 or similar will be added advantage
- At least 3/4 year(s) working experience in IT, Statutory audit in a large national/multinational company in a supervisory position.
- Preferable experiences are in the business area of NGO, Banks, MFIs, Financial Institutions, Multinational Companies.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Age not over 35 years and below
- Must possess team spirit, leadership quality, hard workings and ability to meet the deadline.
- Excellent command in written and Spoken English.
- Well conversant with MS Excel (Above Average), MS Word, Powerpoint presentation, and basic self-motivated knowledge to work with internally developed integrated application program.
Salary: As per compensation policy or negotiation based on the experience.
How to apply: Interested Candidates will send their Cover Letter; detailed CV; Copy of degree, copy of ID, work service certificates from the previous employer, and any other document that may prove a candidate’s competency in ONE PDF File at email@example.com no later than October 12th,2021 at 4:00 PM
Diversity & Equal Opportunity at ASA:
“ASA International aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, class, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.”
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.