Human Computer Interaction Research Internship at Adobe: (Deadline 31 March 2021)
Applications are open for Human Computer Interaction Research Internship at Adobe in San Jose, United States of America. Human Computer Interaction (HCI) focuses on how people use technology and how it affects their lives, with a goal of designing the best possible digital tools for human users. At Adobe Research, HCI scientists are inventing new ways to help users learn to use technologies to become more efficient and thoughtful creators, tools to empower people to collaborate on artistic projects, and novel approaches to building creative communities online.
This work spans a range of areas at Adobe, including design, photography, video, art, data visualization, VR and AR, novel interactions, human-centered AI/ML and more. Furthermore, the research labs actively publish in leading journals and conferences, invent new products, and create compelling creative tools.
Applicants on this Human Computer Interaction Research Internship position will do the following duties
- Under the direction of an Adobe Research mentor, pursue a research problem that pushes the boundaries of the field.
- Develop new algorithms, run experiments, and produce demonstration prototypes.
- Document and present your work, both verbally and in writing.
- Current PhD or master’s student in computer science, or related field.
- Furthermore, sufficient research skills and background in your chosen subject area.
Adobe is the American multinational software company best known for its Adobe Flash web software ecosystem, Photoshop image editing software, Adobe Illustrator vector graphics editor, Acrobat Reader, the Portable Document Format (PDF), and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as its successor Adobe Creative Cloud. Moreover, it focuses on the creation of multimedia and creativity software product; with a more recent foray towards digital marketing software.