Internal Auditor at KAYONZA IRRIGATION AND INTEGRATED WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (KIIWP): (Deadline 13 January 2022)
The Internal Auditor (IA) is responsible for conducting an independent appraisal of all the project’s activities. The IA will be responsible for providing assurance to the PAC and to project management on the continuing adequacy and effectiveness of all internal control arrangements. The IA will consider the adequacy of controls necessary to ensure economy; efficiency and effectiveness are achieved in the implementation of project activities. The IA will also conduct any special reviews or inspections as reasonably requested by the project Coordinator or line Ministry.
a) Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the project/Program Coordinator although with a reporting line to the relevant line Ministry, internal Auditor will undertake a risk based (annual) work program which will be intended to:
• Evaluate the arrangements in place to establish & monitor the achievement of the project objectives,
• Identify, access and manage risks to those objectives;
• appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of the internal control system, financial, operational and management;
• ascertain the extent to which the system of internal control ensures compliance with established policies and procedures;
• ascertain the extent to which project funds are spent in accordance with relevant financing agreements, that financing covenants are respected, and that its assets are controlled and that its assets are controlled and safeguarded from losses arising from fraud, irregularity or corruption;
• ascertain that accounting and other information is reliable as a basis for producing accounts, financial statements, statistical and other returns;
• Ascertain the integrity and reliability of financial and other information provided to management;
• Ascertain that systems of control are laid down and operate to promote the economic, efficient and effective use of project resources.
• The work program will be approved by the project coordinator and copied to the line Ministry
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Master’s Degree in Accounting
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
Master’s Degree in Finance
Competency and Key Technical Skills
Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
Commitment to continuous learning
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.