Internship -Cash Based Transfer, Complaint and Feedback Mechanism Field Monitor at World Food Programme (WFP): (Deadline 8 June 2022)
Career Opportunities: Internship – Cash Based Transfer, Complaint and Feedback Mechanism Field Monitor (165768)
Requisition ID 165768 – Posted 27/05/2022 – Short Term Monthly – Africa, Central & Eastern – Rwanda – Kirehe – Working Job Language (2) – PROGRAMME & POLICY
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under Kirehe Field Office The position will be based in Kirehe, Rwanda. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from July 2022.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger. WFP Rwanda works in partnership with the Government and other stakeholders through the direct implementation of integrated programmes targeting the most vulnerable people and will progressively shift towards building national capacity to formulate, manage and implement programmes for achieving zero hunger.
In implementing its activities, WFP will bridge the humanitarian–development nexus and leverage its extensive experience and the contributions it has made in Rwanda over many decades in order to achieve five strategic outcomes:
- Refugees and returnees in Rwanda have access to adequate and nutritious food at all times.
- Vulnerable populations in food-insecure communities and areas have improved access to adequate and nutritious food all year.
- Children under 5, adolescents and pregnant and nursing women and girls in Rwanda have improved access to nutritious foods and services that enable them to meet their nutrition needs all year.
- Smallholder farmers, especially women, have increased marketable surplus and access to agricultural markets through efficient supply chains by 2030.
- The Government of Rwanda and the humanitarian community is provided with adequate, timely, cost-efficient, and agile supply chain services and expertise necessary to effectively respond to emergency crisis.
Under the Strategic Outcome 1, WFP provides unconditional cash and food transfers to camp-based refugees to meet their basic food and nutrition needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme from a recognized university and have completed at least 2 years of studies, preferably in Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Rural Development, Monitoring and Evaluation or other relevant degree.
- Recently graduated from a graduate programme (within 12 months) prior to application of internship programme
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in English (both oral and written)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the management of the Head of Field Office, and the technical supervision of the CBT/CFM monitoring assistant, the candidate will perform the following duties.
- Assist the CBT/CFM field team in the preparation, coordination, and monitoring of monthly cash transfers for General Food Assistance (GFA). This includes, review payment lists, developing communication messages, participate in sensitization and consultative meeting to inform refugees their entitlements, cash distribution plans, and provide feedback.
- With the guidance of CFM/CBT team, support the CFM help desk to register complaints in WFP Corporate SUGAR CRM platform, make referral where required, follow up on complaints and assist in providing timely feedback to refugees.
- Support in the monitoring of cash transfer, collect and analyze CBT data, receive, and collate comments and feedback from beneficiaries, develop data visualizations, analytical reports, and support in drafting of documents/briefs support identifying CBT related issues with a view to improve implementation and delivery of cash transfer.
- Facilitate replenishment of Bank agents during the cash transfer cycle, support quarterly bank registrations, organize regular meetings on CBT, provide tools, information, training and capacity building sessions to refugee CBT committee and Bank agents.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:08 June 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply online through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Rwandan Nationals.
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only Women are eligible to apply.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.