2021 Internship in Germany – Fully Funded: (Deadline 31 July 2021)
Applications are open for the 2021 Internship in Germany. The German Bundestag invites you to spend four weeks in Berlin in January 2022. The deadline is 31st July 2021. This is a great opportunity to know the German Parliament.
The IPS Programme for African Countries is intended for highly qualifed young people from the countries ofSouth Africa, Botswana, and Namibia who are interested in politics and are keen to return home at the end of the program to make an active contribution to democracy and a vibrant civil society in their home countries.
The German Bundestag is offering you the opportunity to get to know the German parliamentary system during an intensive program. A one-week work placement with a Member of the German Bundestag allows you to experience the work carried out there and to come into contact with political decision-makers. Successful candidates will be chosen by the German Bundestag’s independent selection panel.
Benefits of 2021 Internship in Germany – Fully Funded
Participants will receive a scholarship of 500 euros. In addition, accommodation in an apartment complex will be provided free of charge, and the costs of travel to and from Berlin will be covered, as well as the costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance.
The scholarship program is aimed at highly-motivated, capable and talented young individuals from South Africa, Namibia and Botswana who are open to new ideas, interested in politics and wish to play an active and responsible role in shaping the democratic future of their country.
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview at a German embassy in the participating countries, where an independent selection panel set up by the German Bundestag will choose the successful candidates based on their professional, social, language and intercultural skills. Some of the costs of travel to the interview will be reimbursed if it is not possible for this to take place in the applicant’s home country.
- Citizenship of one of the three participating countries
- Under the age of 30 at the start of the scholarship
- University degree
- Very good knowledge of German
- An interest in politics, and social/political commitment
Please send your completed online application documents by email as a PDF-file, with the file name consisting of your surname followed by your given name (i.e. surname-first name), to the German mission in your home country.
Your application should be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (please attach this to the first page of the application form);
- Application form (available online at: www.bundestag.de/ips_afrikanisch);
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German;
- Personal statement of reasons for applying (maximum of two pages);
- Copy of passport or ID card;
- Certified copy of university degree certificate1;
- Letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university professor or employer, assessing the applicant’s qualification for the program).