Apple Architecture Validation Internship in the United Kingdom: (Deadline 30 April 2021)
Applications call for Apple Architecture Validation Internship in the United Kingdom. This position of looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way Apple designs graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. In addition to that, students that excel at and love real-time computer graphics and are familiar with computer architecture and modelling, GPU programming, graphics algorithms, and game design are a perfect fit for our team.
As an intern of the Architecture Validation Team, you will assist with delivering high quality graphics IP in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area and power goals. Apple will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Modelling/Content Engineers, as well as work alongside our GPU platform architecture, design, and functional verification teams that are responsible for our GPU products.
With guidance, you will work within the Modelling Team to create executable specifications of GPU architecture and write functional/performance models, or within the Content Team to define, write, and debug GPU architectural/functional/performance test suites. 3, 6 and 12 month internships are available. Interns will also collaborate with architecture, verification teams, and software teams to present results and recommendations based on modelling results, and to mitigate potential issues as early as possible.
Potential tasks for Apple Architecture Validation Internship are:
- Creating bit-accurate C++ models, performance models for analysing microarchitecture trade-offs.
- Supporting GPU hardware teams and software teams during design bring-up.
- Participating in the design and implementation of GPU verification tools and APIs.
- Furthermore, writing low-level tests as well as application-level use cases exercising new GPU features or drive design changes that add exciting new features to Metal APIs and other low-level GPU-accelerated APIs.
- Currently enrolled in your 3rd year of a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- Coursework focusing on computer architecture and GPU programming.
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of C/C++. Similarly, a good knowledge of (GPU) computer architecture and some experience in modelling, OR
- Working knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms, and experience with GPU APIs (preferably Metal, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL).
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated and well-organised.
Apple Inc. is the multinational technology company headquarters in Cupertino, California. Basically, it designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. Apple Inc. is one of the leading manufacturers of electronics like smartphones, computers, etc. In addition to that, it is one of the most reputed and biggest companies in the world. An iPhone is one of the most successful products of the company.