Call for student internships and excellence awards programme at Rwanda Transport Development Agency: (Deadline 18 December 2020)
PROJECT : “Developing Capacity for Climate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructure (DCCRR)” Grant No: NDF C79
AGENCY : RWANDA TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (RTDA)
FUNDING : NORDIC DEVELOPMENT FUND (NDF)
SUBJECT : CALL FOR STUDENT INTERNSHIPS AND EXCELLENCE AWARDS
RTDA, through the implementation of “Developing Capacity for Climate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructure (DCCRR)” project, has a pleasure to call interested students to participate in the project implementation through the internship programme. This internship programme is open to the students of different academic levels: undergraduate and postgraduate in civil engineering, environmental & GIS students and TVET students. Female students are encouraged to apply.
The objectives of this internship programme include:
- To acquaint technicians, undergraduate and postgraduate students to the work of the Agency;
- To provide interns with practical skills in line with their academic studies;
- To promote a better understanding of RTDA operations;
- To mainstream climate change into future workforce for RTDA and private sector active in road transport infrastructure;
- To provide RTDA with potential future recruits of engineers, environmentalist and technicians who have the required knowledge and skills of designing and constructing Climate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructures.
How to apply:
A student who wishes to join the programme shall write a concept note or proposal, not exceeding 3 pages, on what he/she understands by “To BuildClimate Resilient Road Transport Infrastructure” and how this target can be materialised considering one of the three solution areas listed below:
- Engineering climate resilient solutions in road transport sector;
- Environmental climate resilient solutions in road transport sector;
- GIS tools or GIS approach related to climate resilient solutions in road transport sector.
The concept note or proposal with full contact details of the applicant including his/her registration number and the name of university or school shall be sent to the email: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected], and [email protected]; not later than 18th December 2020.
The applicants of shortlisted concept notes or proposals will be called for interview after which the successful applicants will get immediate placement.
For more information about the project, please open the link: https://www.rtda.gov.rw/fileadmin/templates/documents/Final_Inception_Report.pd