Computer Graphics Internship at Samsung in the United States: (Deadline 31 August 2020)
Samsung Research America calls application for Computer Graphics Research Internship in STAR Labs in the United States of America.
STAR Labs (Samsung Technology & Advanced Research Labs) is headed by Pranav Mistry with a mission to undertake independent initiatives to create end-to-end new businesses and expand growth areas for Samsung. At STAR Labs, we are building new immersive and intelligent services that is making science fiction a reality. STAR Labs consists of best of the best from domains such as computer science, business strategy, engineering, design; and diverse set of experiences from places like MIT, Stanford, Oxford, CMU, Nasa, Google, Microsoft and many more.
The candidates on this Computer Graphics Internship at Samsung must be able to
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy and engineering.
- Mentor, learn and share knowledge with others along the way.
- Have impact and have fun.
- Work outside their comfort zone
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry.
- Strong understanding of Computer Graphics rendering pipeline, shaders and textures.
- Experience and understanding of various game engines such as Unity, Unreal and others.
- Strong C++ and/or Python programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or Machine Learning projects (3+ years).
- Ability to implement state of the art generative models and explore how they may impact content creation
- Hands-on experience building models with TensorFlow, PyTorch, mxnet or other similar frameworks.
- Publications at premier research forums such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, ICCV, NeurIPS is a major plus
- Experience shipping products is a plus.
Samsung is a South Korean multinational conglomerate that has a headquarter in Samsung Town, Seoul. Samsung is one of the most successful companies in the world. Moreover, notable Samsung industrial affiliates include Samsung Electronics (the world’s largest information technology company, consumer electronics maker and chipmaker measured by 2017 revenues), Samsung Heavy Industries (the world’s 2nd largest shipbuilder measured by 2010 revenues), and Samsung Engineering and Samsung C&T (respectively the world’s 13th and 36th largest construction companies). Other notable subsidiaries include Samsung Life Insurance (the world’s 14th largest life insurance company); Samsung Everland (operator of Everland Resort, the oldest theme park in South Korea); and Cheil Worldwide (the world’s 15th largest advertising agency, as measured by 2012 revenues.