Google Software Engineering Ph.D. Internship 2021: (Deadline 4 December 2020)
Google offers a range of internships across EMEA in either Software Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering. Durations and start dates will vary according to project and location. Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
Software Engineering Intern:
Google’s Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile and enthusiastic in tackling new problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a versatile team, you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
Site Reliability Intern: As a Site Reliability Engineering Intern, you will work on software development projects to keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running. Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it working and to harden it against all the vagaries of the internet. We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. We will discuss and agree with you what country this will be during the recruitment process.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000; Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Demonstrated background in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments, as well as APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.