Research Science Internship at Amazon: (Deadline 31 December 2020)
Amazon has positions for Research Science Internship – Speech Technologies in multiple locations across Europe. The position is available in areas of spoken language understanding: NLU and text-to-speech (TTS). Amazon has multiple positions available for Research Scientists in Scientists in Berlin, Cambridge, and Turin.
As a Research Scientist, you will use your experience to develop new strategies to improve the performance of Amazon’s systems and networks. Working closely with fellow research scientists and product managers, you will use your experience in modeling, statistics, and simulation to design models of new policies, simulate their performance and evaluate their benefits and impacts to cost, reliability, and speed of our fulfillment network.
This Research Science Internship position at Amazon requires experience in network and combinatorial optimization, algorithms, data structures, statistics, and/or machine learning. This position requires superior analytical thinking, and the ability to apply their technical and statistical knowledge to identify opportunities for industrial research. You should be able to mine and analyze large data; and be able to use necessary programming and statistical analysis software/tools to do so.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be eligible for this Research Science Internship at Amazon
- MS degree with research experience in a quantitative field or PhD in a quantitative field
- Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
- Enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or related fields.
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, the significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
- Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
- Skills with Java, C++, or another programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting language. command-line usage.
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. Overall, it is one of the Big Four tech companies, along with Google, Apple, and Facebook. In addition to that, it is the world’s largest online marketplace, AI assistant provider, and cloud computing platform as measured by revenue and market capitalization. In addition to that, Amazon is the largest Internet company by revenue in the world. It is also the second-largest private employer in the United States and one of the world’s most valuable companies.