ITU 2022 Generation Connect Gender Champions for Young Women in Developing Countries: (Deadline 3 April 2022)
ITU is organizing a global competition to select the first group of “Generation Connect Gender Champions.” The competition, funded by the Government of Canada, will select twelve (12) outstanding young women (ages 18-24) from developing countries (2 from each ITU region).
This competition is part of the preparatory process for the Generation Connect Global Youth Summit, to be organized by ITU in Kigali, Rwanda from June 2-4, 2022. The Summit is the overarching initiative of the ITU Youth Strategy on the journey to the World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC), to be held from 6 to 16 June, also in Kigali.
Generation Connect aims to engage global youth and encourage their participation as equal partners alongside the leaders of today’s digital change, empowering young people with the skills and opportunities to advance their vision of a connected future.
About International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
The International Telecommunication Union is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for all matters related to information and communication technologies. It was established in 17 May 1865 as the International Telegraph Union, making it among the oldest international organizations still in operation. The ITU was initially aimed at helping connect telegraphic networks between countries, with its mandate consistently broadening with the advent of new communications technologies; it adopted its current name in 1934 to reflect its.
ITU Generation Connect Gender Champions
- Type Contest
- Organization International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Women
- Application Deadline April 3, 2022
Aim and Benefits of ITU Generation Connect Gender Champions
- Successful applicants will be expected to travel to the Generation Connect Global Youth Summit, to be held in Kigali, Rwanda from June 2-4, 2022. The cost of travel and accommodation will be covered by ITU.
- Before the Summit, the Champions will be expected to facilitate an online consultation on youth, gender, and technology. The results of this consultation will inform the development and hosting of a session for other young delegates and global policymakers at the Summit.
- After the Summit, there will be a second, action-oriented consultation process to co-create plans to empower young women and girls to meaningfully engage with ICTs and STEM. Thus, the Gender Champions will contribute to a shared goal of gender equality.
- Note that the expected commitment for these activities will be approximately 5-10 hours per week.
Requirements for ITU Generation Connect Gender Champions Qualification
- Open to young women aged 18 to 24, from developing countries 
- Must be willing and able to attend the Generation Connect Global Youth Summit in Kigali, Rwanda from 2-4 June, 2022.
- Must have intermediate to strong English fluency
- Must fill in all mandatory fields of the application form before the end date
- How Will Applications be Evaluated?
The applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee comprised of five members, including ITU staff. The Committee will evaluate each application based on the following criteria:
- 30% for Experience: To what degree has the submission demonstrated meaningful experience and engagement in STEM and ICT-related social causes?
- 25% for Motivation: To what extent has the submission demonstrated a clear motivation to serve under-represented groups?
- 25% for Communication: To what extend does the submission pitch engaging and meaningful ideas?
- 20% Creativity: To what extent does the submission leverage creative mediums and/or approaches to bridging the gender digital divide?
April 3, 2022
How to Apply
- Download the terms and conditions of the competition here.
- ITU will process any personal information you submit for the sole purpose of determining your eligibility. Such information will not be shared with third parties and will be promptly deleted once the purpose of its processing is fulfilled.
- Please also review the COVID requirements for travel to and from Rwanda.
Direct any questions to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.