Job at Access to Finance Rwanda : Administrative Assistant (Deadline: 19 May 2017)
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) was established in 2010 as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee (CLG) in Rwanda with the objective of increasing access to financial services for the rural and urban poor and for micro, small and medium sized enterprises in Rwanda. Existing funders of AFR include DFID, The MasterCard Foundation, Sweden, USAID, and KfW. Access to Finance Rwanda is part of the Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) network in Africa.
AFR’s strategic objective is to reduce relative and absolute poverty in Rwanda. To do this, it stimulates financial sector development by partnering with financial institutions and other stakeholders to increase access to and use of financial services. We identify and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population, and promote innovations and learning that result in sustainable change in the financial sector. Improving access to financial services for the rural poor and women is a particular focus.
The organization is in its second phase of operations (2016-20) will focus on: development of Savings and Credit Cooperatives and Savings Groups, supporting access and usage of value chain finance by smallholder farmers, risk mitigation through micro insurance and the informal sector pension scheme, the promotion of Digital Financial Services. AFR will also operate an Innovation Fund, acts as a convener and knowledge broker to deliver successful financial market facilitation.
The position is responsible for the provision for professional and courteous services to visitors, consultants and other guests at AFR premises, as well as the provision of basic secretarial and administrative services for AFR.The specific areas of responsibility for this role will include:
- Manage an efficient and well informed front desk that is a good representation of the company and its value proposition.
- To receive, store and distribute procured items; ensuring that procedures are followed and that the right items are received, properly stored and delivered to the right people
- Ensure there is no service interruptions due to contract expiry
- Support the provision of administrative HR services by maintaining accurate and up to date records to enable effective reporting and decision making
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant fields
Experience and knowledge:
- Previous experience of providing reception services (2-3years)
- Must speak and write Kinyarwanda and English very well and look well groomed, knowledge of French may be an added advantage
- Comfortable with e-mail, and Microsoft office
- Good customer care and self-presentation
- Positive, honest personality who can be trusted with confidential information.
How to apply
- If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please email your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the title of the position as the subject of your email. Allapplications should be sent via email.
- Please attach yourCV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter(maximum 1 page) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
- Closing date for receipt of applications will be19 May 2017.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact AFR, on +250 782 507 751.
The position is open to Rwandan Nationals ONLY.