Job at American Refugee Committee (ARC) : Psychologist (Deadline: 31 July 2018)
ARC is looking for qualified, self-driven and committed individual – for the position of Psychologist to be based full time in Mahama Refugee Camp in Kirehe District.
- Work with clients of all ages who have a variety of different mental, or physical and psychosocial issues, such as depression and anxiety; mental illness; adjustment to physical illness; neurological disorders; addictive behaviors; challenging behaviors; eating disorders; personal and family relationship problems; learning disabilities.
- Work in partnership with clients over a series of sessions in order to diagnose, assess and manage their condition.
- Often work alongside other professionals in multidisciplinary teams in order to deal with clients’ complex problems.
- Diagnose or evaluate mental and emotional disorders of individuals through observation, interview, and psychological tests, and formulate and administer programs of treatment.
- Provide psychosocial support to the victims of Gender Based Violence who are in the health facility and link them to SGBV services
- Treat individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations through therapy sessions in order to modify behavior and/or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Identify psychological, emotional or behavioral issues among clients coming to the health facility.
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioral disorders
- Develop and implement treatment plans and therapeutic processes
- Monitor client progress through regular meetings or sessions
- Assessing a client’s needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior;
- Devising and monitoring appropriate treatment programs, including therapy, counseling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues;
- Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behavior
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Utilize a variety of treatment methods such as psychotherapy, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama, and play therapy.
- Organize group counseling and create support groups among clients with same conditions such as children or people with learning disabilities, drugs abusers…
- In collaboration with Community health department, organize and conduct IEC sessions in the community and at the health facilities to increase awareness on psychosocial problems, related consequences, and available support,
- Recognized university Degree in Clinical Psychology, Counselling, or related field with full registration and current practicing license with the relevant professional body (Health professional council)
- 2-3 years of experience working in the clinical setting in Rwanda applying psychological skills.
- Analytical and organizational skills/experience with health settings
- Strong report writing skills with proven organizational/multitasking skills.
- Good experience in conducting therapy sessions.
- Having experience in conducting counseling sessions, psychosocial support, and other related sessions
- Be able to use evidence-based for his/her daily work to improve the well-being of the clients.
- Having the experience to work in humanitarian settings or remote area is a plus
N.B: Any applicant to this position must have fulfilled/finished their commitment to serve in the public sector as required by Ministry of Health guidelines. Any applicant who does not fulfill/meet this requirement will be automatically disqualified.
Submit 1 page Cover letter, an updated CV (maximum three pages) and names, title and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer/supervisor – via email to RWJobs@arcrelief.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 31st July 2018 at 17:00hrs.
Only applications received through the stated email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.