Job at Capacity Development and Employment Services Board (CESB): Public Relations & Communication Officer (Deadline: 03 October 2017)
This position operates within the Office of Director General and directly reports to the Director General.
The overall work of the Public Relations and Communication Function at CESB is to act as the link between the Public and the whole institution at the same time ensuring good internal and external Communication including nurturing a strong institution’s network, increase awareness and develop an enviable institution image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
To succeed in this role, the incumbent requires excellent networking skills to build and sustain a good image of CESB through planned publicity campaigns and PR activities.
Technical Key Responsibility Areas
Design and implement the annual communication plan
- Elaborate the annual communication plan and its corresponding budget.
- Maintain relationships with various public and private media.
- Collect complaints of internal services on needs of public in terms of institution’s information.
- Elaborate corresponding communications/messages based on targeted group and disseminate them via most appropriate media.
- Regularly gather information, draft and update content on the CESB website
Prepare and implement an annual media plan
- Act as the event manager for all CESB official events and outreach activities.
- Organize interviews regarding the institution.
- Cover hearings and press conference of the institution; and organize radio and television programs to disseminate the results of these events
- Write articles to be published in newspapers on the achievements of the institution.
Inform the Management Team on the quality of the institution image according to the public and partners point of view.
- Make regular critical analysis of publications in the media (national and international) about the institution and produce summarized technical notes to managers.
- Write and submit to managers monthly activity reports.
Ensure internal communication of institution decisions.
- Collect relevant Management resolutions for communication to all staff.
- Supervise the translation of key documents to be communicated to all staff.
- Organize all surveys on public opinion about services offered by the institution on request of supervisors
- Develop methods, tools to be used and launch the surveys.
- Collect, compile and analyze the results of investigations and complaints received in the suggestions’ box and identify key ideas.
- Collect and process information from users on their expectations, satisfactions, type of disputes with the institution.
- Provide advice and recommendations to improve the image and quality of the services delivered by the institution.
Key Performance Indicators
- Media placements; Press Clippings
- Web Traffic reports
- Media Impressions
- Social Media Mentions
- Good Content Quality; (through communication Audits)
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relation, International Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Linguistics and Literature
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Computer skills
- Creativity and initiative Skill
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Team working skills
- Effective public relations and public speaking skills
- Interviewing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage