Job at CIMERWA Ltd: SHERQ Coach (Deadline: 13 December 2017)
LOCAL JOB ADVERT
CIMERWA Ltd is Rwanda’s largest cement manufacturer with capacity of 600,000tons of cement per year with PPC Ltd having 51% shareholding. The company operates a dry process technology Plant in Muganza Sector, Rusizi District in Western Province. As part of its localization and optimization plans the Company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand for cement and that of the region.
CIMERWA Ltd is looking for experienced professional to fill the following vacancy.
SHERQ Coach (1)
- Bachelor Degree in Environement protection, Chemistry or equivalent
- 5 years health and safety management experience, preferably in a cement or heavy manufacturing industryin line with the Mine Health and Safety Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Reporting to the General Manager the SHERQ Coach will be responsible for;
- To develop annual company objectives, targets and action plans that are align with the Group (PPC) and site priorities. Advice should be given to the company on similar action to ensure consistency in promoting a positive SHEQ culture;
- To develop, introduce and maintain advanced SHEQ policies and Guidelines and compare with world class networks.
- To provide expert advice and support on SHERQ issues to the General Manager, Line Managers, Environmental, Health and Safety Officer. This is to ensure compliance and adherence to existing relevant legislation, PPC policies and Guidelines, and best industry practices
- Develop SHERQ training courses and programs as determined by the needs of the project to address specific hazards, trends or the need for refresher training.
- Conducting SHERQ training courses on site
- Participating in Risk Assessment
- Inducting new Personnel, Contractors and Visitors
- Promoting SHERQ culture
- To formulate individual development plan for each employee in the safety department
- To lead, manage and coordinate knowledge and skills transfer to SHEQ employees (which include continuous assessment, coaching, mentoring training and enhancing their competencies) and quarterly report of the progress.
- To coordinate, promote and drive the development of SHEQ awareness, knowledge and managerial skills within the department
- To assist and advice site managers on SHEQ requirements in design and installation of new and modified plant and equipment within the company and conduct facilities audit prior to commissioning.
- To integrate SHEQ objectives into the business processes without disrupting the smooth operation of the company.
- Training Skills
- People Management Skills
- Ability to convey information
- Great attention to detail
- Able to work in a team and using own initiative
- Ability to prioritize work and organizational skills
- Friendly and helpful, with confident training manner
- Be abreast with the latest Health, Safety & Environmental Laws & Regulations
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to submit the application at CIMERWA Factory at BUGARAMA, RUSIZI District, and western Province or at its Administration office at KIMIHURURA, City of Kigali and/or at E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; copies of their Degree certificates, application letter, detailed curriculum vitae and any other relevant certificates not later than Wednesday 13th December 2017.
Done at Kigali, on 06th December 2017
Bhekizitha Wiseman Mthembu
Chief Executive Officer