- Job at Education Development Trust : Administration Assistant (Deadline: 27 June 2017)
- Job ref:01322
- Job type: Fixed-term contract
- Salary/rate: Competitive
- Location:Kigali, Rwanda
- Closing date: 27/06/2017
Education Development Trust, is a non profit international education services company with over 40 years’ experience, working in more than 80 countries. Our vision is to provide outstanding, sustainable education solutions that transform and improve the school education and life chances of children and young people worldwide. We have specialist experience in strengthening education systems and supporting school improvement in post-conflict, transition and early-recovery fragile states. Education Development Trust is looking for qualified and suitable person for the position of Administration Assistant to work under the Building Learning Foundations (BLF) program in Rwanda. The Building Learning Foundations (BLF) programme aims to improve the quality of teaching and leadership in Rwanda’s primary schools with a view to raising early-grade literacy and numeracy outcomes. It focuses on teacher development, school leadership and strengthening the country’s education system.
The post holder is responsible for executing administrative tasks and providing administrative support to staff and related projects in line with organisational policies and business processes.
She/he ensures that the administrative systems are functioning effectively, efficiently and in a user-friendly manner in support of smooth implementation of the project office and its field staff
• Manage reception activities such as answering and directing calls, receiving visitors,
• Oversee car parking requirement, and administering ad hoc requests from users;
• Sorting and processing of incoming and outgoing post and receipt of goods and issuance of Goods Received Notes as required;
• In cooperation with Finance Team, maintain an effective asset register process by creating and maintaining the office inventory and schedule the quarterly inventory and report any losses;
• Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and functioning of office equipment and furniture
• Reviews accuracy of bills and ensures the bills are paid on time
• Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery and Consumables.
• Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for staff members and/or visitors·
• Responsible for creating, managing maintaining appropriate and up to date filing system of the programs, motor vehicles, stock/inventory
• Procure staff Identity Cards, and business card issues.
• Schedules and support activities such as meetings, arranging travel logistics for local and overseas travel, conferences/workshops, venue and resources for such activities.
• Take notes and prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for internal/external meetings, workshops, staff meetings and distribute to appropriate staff
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other relevant discipline;
• Excellent written and Oral English Language skills
• Evidence of competence with IT and related software packages particularly Word and Excel
• At least 3-5 years’ experience administrative experience; with a strong customer focus;
• Experience of working in office or other work environment that involves managing logistics and reports;
• Experience overseeing a corporate switchboard – keeping the data within it up to date;
Please note, to apply for this role you must be a Rwandan national.
How to apply
Application is through the website only, kindly follow the link below for more details