Job at FHI 360 : Director Clinical Training/Mentorship. (Deadline: 31 May 2017)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director Clinical Training/Mentorship.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Director Clinical Training/Mentorship for an anticipated project in Rwanda, focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention activities.
The Director of Clinical Services will ensure timely and high quality implementation of the project through facility-based provider training and capacity development, supervise the clinical team, and collaborate with government county leadership and teams to ensure implementation of the project in line with the Government of Rwanda policies and regulations and global standards.
The position will be based in Kigali with up to 40% travel to districts and will report to the project Deputy Chief of Party- Technical. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
The Director of Clinical Training/Mentorship will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead and mentorcentral and district training teams, maintaining the appropriate resources for program implementation while ensuring adherence to national and international high-impact practices;
- Provide strategic leadership for training and mentorship for clinical services in areas of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention;
- Work with district health management to assess need for, supply of, and utilization of key equipment and ensure trainings and mentorship activities are coordinated to maximize use of available resources.
- Work with district health management and district project team members to assess and improve referral practices.
- Collaborate closely with HQ technical teamsto ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate global strategy and is technically sound;
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party-Technical to prepare annual workplans, budgets, and quarterly and annual reports;
- Ensure that services provided to clients are compliant with the Government of Rwanda regulations
- Represent the project at professional meetings and conferences.
- A Medical Degree and 7-9 years demonstrated clinical experience at senior level in the areas of reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention, mentorship, continuous quality assurance and improvement;
- A Masters’ degree or higher in public health or related field, and relevant experience with international development programs is preferred;
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Relevant language skills with excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent computer software skills;
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow, ability tostructure work of staff members;
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Word and Excel.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.comas soon as possible and no later than May 31, 2017. Please quote Requisition ID18564in the subject line. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kigali May 11, 2017
Eustochie Sezibera Agasaro
Project Director, Rwanda MCOP Project