Job at Global Communities,: Finance and AdministrationSpecialist (Deadline: 07 September 2017)
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a variety of specialists for an anticipated five year USAID-funded project in Rwanda. The purpose of this projectis to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate greater employment for many Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The program will alleviate constraints to entrepreneurship and increase access to financing. Off-farm businesses will be created and grow to provide productive employment for rural populations in order to reduce poverty.
The program will address the following four objectives:
- Expand the capacity of the financial sector to accurately assess risk and return.
- Increase the reach of entrepreneurship support organizations.
- Increase the capacity of firms to attract and use finance.
- Reduce barriers to entry for new financial institutions and investment flows.
The following positions require excellent verbal and writing skills and preferred experience working with USAID and/or other major U.S. government donors. Management experience where relevant.Rwandansare strongly encouraged to apply:
Finance and AdministrationSpecialist:
- Minimum 7 years of progressive professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field. Masters’ degree preferred.
- Experiencesuccessfully managing financial and administrative functions for donor-funded programs, including budget monitoring, compliance, procurement, and grants under contract administration.
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs required.
Please apply by sending your CV, cover letter, and include in your subject line the position you’re applying for to the email address listed below:
Email: Localrecruitment@globalcommunities.org not later than 7th September 2017.