International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organization has been permanently present in Rwanda since 1990. Having its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, the ICRC is given its mandate by the Geneva Conventions to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person for the below position based in Kigali under an initial contract of one-year renewable.
Exciting Employment Opportunity with the ICRC in Rwanda
Position: Human Resources Assistant
Duty Station: ICRC in Kigali, Rwanda
Reports to: Regional Human Resources Manager
Job Summary: The HR Assistant works together with the Regional HR Manager and other team members to deliver all classical HR services to the ICRC Delegation in Rwanda in line with the ICRC’s global HR strategy as well as applicable laws and regulations. The main tasks in this regard are in HR Administration (Payroll, Leave Management, etc.) and HR Development (Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Performance Management, Staff engagement, etc.).
Generic Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Taking active part of the whole HR life cycle (talent acquisition, beginning of employment, briefings, payroll, leave management, performance management, training and learning and development, disciplinary cases follow up, end of employment, etc.)
- Provides general administrative support (updating staff files and contracts, handling correspondence, registration and filing, etc.);
- Ensures that information on HR issues under their responsibility is shared with the rest of the office;
- Keeps records (e.g. absences) and ensures that HR data is of good quality and kept up to date, particularly regarding salary;
- Carries out procedures related to local HR practice, taxes and social security;
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Readily available to employees, provides counsel as necessary, and acts as a change catalyst in a spirit of continuous improvement;
- Promoting the welfare of the employees, and drive a positive working atmosphere at the place of work;
- Carrying out periodic studies relative to the labour market and as required by the organization;
- Actively engages in conflict resolution, ensures the disciplinary policy is respected, and generally provide corresponding support to all departments;
- In charge of the preparation of employment contracts as well as maintaining proper personal files;
- Prepare insurance documents and assists the Regional HR Manager in liaising with insurance partners in case of loss of personal effects of staff members during a security incident that occurs in the course of their official duties;
- Monitors seniority of employees, and prepares and issues ICRC certificates and long service gifts;
- Contribute to the analysis of human resources and proactively make recommendations;
- Assist the HR Manager in the elaboration, implementation and monitoring of HR activities and projects;
- Develops communication channels with the Lawyers and the Labour Office in order to keep up to date with latest regulations;
- Prepares final settlement/ end of service indemnity for employees whose contracts have ended;
- Prepares work certificates and variation in employment terms letters, etc.;
- Carries out labour and salary surveys as and when requested.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Encourages and facilitates cooperation, trust and group identity; fosters commitment and team spirit, and works with others to achieve goals;
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities so as to use time efficiently;
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality;
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
Key qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business or a related field; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Post-graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- At least 3 years’ work experience in areas related to Human Resource Management;
- Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda is required, very good knowledge French is a plus.
- Basic computer skills
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law.
- Experience working in/or with international organizations;
- Experience using an HR Information System.
This position gives the candidate the opportunity to work in a recognized international humanitarian organization with a favorable working environment, good conditions and a lot of potential for personal and professional growth. Plus, the opportunities to learn and work with high-level staff at both local and regional level.
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE IS 5 PM ON 6th August 2018
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.