Job at Inyenyeri : Procurement & Logistics Manager (Deadline: 30 September 2017)
Title: Procurement & Logistics Manager
Place of Work:
Gisenyi for the first 1 – 2 years and then Kigali, Rwanda
Staff directly reporting to this post:
Not applicable for now
Tentative start date: As soon as possible
Contract length: Open ended contract
Who We Are
Inyenyeri is a for-profit corporation with a social business charter focused on providing a healthy renewable energy solution in Rwanda that can be replicated across sub-Saharan Africa. Inyenyeri uses a fuel-side, or utility company, approach to ensure that even the poorest Rwandan households have access to clean cooking fuel and high quality gasifying cook stoves. Inyenyeri’s revenue stream is derived from the sale of biomass cooking fuel pellets. Our solution is a cleaner, healthier, faster, cheaper and more sustainable alternative to charcoal and wood cooking.
About the Role
Inyenyeri seeks a highly motivated and experienced professional to build and lead its Procurement & Logistics department. Inyenyeri plans to scale rapidly and intends to reach a national, and eventually international, customer base. Our Procurement & Logistics Manager will be responsible for leading our end-to-end Supply Chain activities. These activities are centered around three main areas: (a) Supply chain processes and systems, including setting up and managing an inventory management system and optimization of our supply chain / infrastructure of hubs and plants (b) procurement, including developing and managing professional procurement processes and supplier management processes and (c) logistics, including shipping, clearing, warehousing, and transportation.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Inyenyeri values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
- Acts in the best interests of Inyenyeri
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supplies management or relevant area
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience of supply chain management, procurement and logistics in a production environment;
- Proven track record in setting up ERP systems for supply chain management;
- Project management skills: experience with successful planning and executing timelines, conducting accurate forecasting and risk analysis, optimizing processes and minimizing costs;
- Strong partnership management experience and networking skills: Have relationships with and contacts of players in the Rwandan logistics, clearing, warehousing and transportation sectors; ability to negotiate contracts and cultivate partnerships with different suppliers and service providers.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication, people management and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in leading multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus an updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to [email protected] Specifying the position title heading in the subject line. “Procurement & Logistics Manager
The deadline for receiving applications is 20thSeptember 2017
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.