Job at IPRC Kigali : Assistant librarian (Deadline: 22 August 2018)
1. Overseeing students and staff studying in the Library and using College equipment and books on a daily basis
2. Assisting with all library house
– keeping routines, issue and return of books, reservations, overdue, shelving and tidying etc.
3. Operating automated library and manual systems as appropriate and developing the use of the automated system.
4. Registering new users, inducting and assisting students and staff using IPRC KIGALI IT facilities and other printed or electronic resources in the Library and referring problems to the IT staff as necessary
5. Provide guidance and support to library users or identified student groups with regards to enquiries related to study skills to include research skills, assignment layout, editing and proofreading skills.
5. Assisting as necessary with the cataloguing and processing of new book stock, including special Collections.
6. Contributing to the maintenance of the current library catalogue, the cataloguing of new materials and Special collections not yet on the catalogue.
7. Contributing to the development and the maintenance of an authority file so that all cataloguing decisions are recorded.
8. Perform any other tasks assigned by supervisor
Advanced Diploma in Library Science and Information Technology/ Bachelor’s Degree in
Library Science and Information Technology.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
– Cataloging reference books such as DDC and others
– Experience with Library software such as ALEXANDRIA UNICORN,XREF,VTLS and some open source software such as WSIS,CDS and KOHA
– Good knowledge on open sources materials and how to subscribe on them.
– Reporting skills
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.