Job at KCB : Application Developer (Deadline: 27 July 2018)
Reporting to the IT Applications and Software Development Manager, the role holder will be responsible for building and customizing applications, systems and interfaces to support internal process and business departments.
- Developing designated software within the bank to ensure that the software needs are met within the agreed timelines.
- Documenting system developments in accordance to the application development policy.
- Defining designated business functional and technical requirements that would guide procurement of various software needed by the bank
- Customizing and implementing acquired software to enable automated functionality.
- Specifying and ensuring application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
- Defining and testing the software or systems after development to ensure that the set functional and security parameters are in place.
- Build interfaces between systems
- Drive and deliver on the team goals and objectives by offering effective participation.
- Defining and reviewing test strategy and an operational test plan methodology.
- React quickly to application development related security incidents to regain customer confidence
- Support existing applications and related systems
- Facilitate the testing of developed applications
- Expands knowledge and capabilities to continually add value and progress within the bank IT
For the above position, the applicant should have:
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 3 years of Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Knowledge and experience of programming language such as Lisp, PHP, Perl, Clojure, Python and/or Java, API Development.
- Proven and Demonstrable track record of development of digital products and solutions.
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR, JQuery
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Web services standards and related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL SOAP, Rest etc.)
- Experience in integrating with third party APIs
- Knowledge in Administration of application server (WebSphere, TC Server) and MQ Series
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Development experience using RAD/Eclipse tool
- Mobile development knowledge would be an advantage
- Strong passion for coding, and technical aptitude, including the ability to understand detailed technical information
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current salary and benefits, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, 3 reference letters, daytime telephone contact and email address. The deadline for receiving applications is 27th July 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply through:
Head of Human Resources
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda or E-mail on: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.