Job at Kenya Commercial Bank : Financial Accountant – Payables (Deadline: 31 May 2017)
Reporting to the Manager Financial Operations, this role is responsible for financials operations within accounts payable. The role is responsible for providing support in expense control by receiving, verifying, processing, paying and reconciling respective ledgers per established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Receive and match invoices to purchase orders and contracts
- Process approved supplier payments and internal payments
- Charge expenses to respective accounts and cost centers
- Reconcile processed work to system generated reports
- Preparation and capturing of monthly expense accruals in to the system
- Receiving and verifying staff expense reports against advances/imprest
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements
- Ensure an accurate and effective document records management process relative to the AP function in accordance with records policies
- Responding to supplier inquiries in a timely and professional manner
For the above position, the applicant should have:
- Holder of a First Degree from a recognized University majoring preferably in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
- Relevant professional qualification i.e. CPA, CA or ACCA
- At least 2 years working experience in accounts payable
- 2 years’ hands on experience in use of Oracle Financials
- Good numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and ability to work with people from different cultures
- Honest and trustworthy
- A customer focused approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current salary and benefits, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, 3 reference letters, daytime telephone contact and email address. The deadline for receiving applications is 31st May 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Head of Human Resources
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda or E-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org