Job at One Acre Fund: Data and Evaluation Coordinator (Deadline: 31 July 2017)
Job Description: Data and Evaluation Coordinator
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Function: TUBURA University
Employer: One Acre Fund / TUBURA
Job Location: Rubengera
Deadline: July 31st 2017
Commitment: Minimum commitment of 2 years
Start date: As soon as possible
Who we are
One Acre Fund (known as TUBURA in Rwanda) works in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving hand-outs, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful every year.
One Acre Fund-TUBURA has a growing team of over 1800 full-time staff in Rwanda. As we grow, it is necessary to centralize and systematize local employee development across the program. In Rwanda, all local staff development is supported by the Training Department or also known as “TUBURA University,” (TU) , which aims to be a best-in-class corporate university. TUBURA UNIVERSITY is an in-house training department that was created by the One Acre Fund-Rwanda program to unlock the potential of One Acre Fund employees and equip them with skills and knowledge to grow an internationally acclaimed but locally grounded organization.
The Data & Evaluations Coordinator will play a crucial role in evaluating the impact of TU courses on staff performance and management of all TU data.
Data Management 50%
- Record and track attendance for all formal and informal training session delivered in TU
- Coordinate with all trainers in recording data and safely storing it in the centralized database
- Collect and record feedback from participants
- Design simple but effective data collection tools
- Automate and simplify Tubura University operations
- Revise and update Tubura University Database that hosts all information of staff enrolled in TU programs
- Ensuring all the data complies with Tubura legal regulations
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with other Departments.
- Making sure TU information is protected and backed-up
Monitoring and Evaluation 50%
- Design a systematic way of tracking and measuring participants engagement and performance
- Create Team and individual Key Performance Indicators and monitor their progress and achievement
- Write a weekly report on attendance, number of staff reached, staff comprehension, satisfaction and performance
- Conduct quarterly effectiveness and impact surveys and inform TU management of the impact courses offered had on the participants’ performance
- Collect, record and share all success stories with TU team
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover new ways of enhancing them (for instance in case of new technologies)
Experience and education
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in this field (as a data manager)
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection and analysis)
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Analytical mind set with problem-solving skills
- BSc in computer science, Information Technology, Statistics or relevant field
- Have a good command of English
- Willing to work in rural areas
- Team player and excellent communication skills
Please click on this link:
Please complete the linked form carefully, only top candidates will be considered. It is not necessary to attach a cover letter or CV but you may do so at the end of the form.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruiting process or for receiving a job offer. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.