Job at The Better Sourcing Program (Better Sourcing, BSP): Rwanda Systems Analyst (Deadline: 12 July 2017 )
Terms of Reference
Job Title: Rwanda Systems Analyst
The Better Sourcing Program (Better Sourcing, BSP) is a mineral supply chain due diligence implementation and assurance service, supporting compliance of upstream natural resources operators with transparency and sustainability expectations from international buyers and investors.
BSP focuses on supporting community-based mining operations in complex governance contexts, by improving access to information and harmonising communication to international stakeholders. It actively promotes the continuous improvement of the upstream portion of the supply chain. Successful BSP implementation is expected to raise confidence in those communities, support their access to wider, higher-value markets for artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) production, guide international donor engagement and attract private sector investment.
BSP is based in Europe, with subsidiaries in Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), where we aim to build most of our systems development capacity.
Due to growing workload in data management and visualization, BSP is looking to expand its Kigali-based systems team through the recruitment of a Rwanda Systems Analyst.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong enthusiasm for all aspects of data work and a dedication to creating intuitive and interactive visuals that tell compelling stories.
Drawing from prior work experience with relational databases, developing APIs and in web design, you will primarily support BSP’s data visualisation and play a key role in various parts of the company’s data management. Furthermore, you will drive the implementation of additional tools and the development of future in-house systems solutions. This position will suit someone who thrives working in a small international team, has a can-do attitude, and an eagerness to grow into the role.
- Relevant studies in a data driven field (Math, CS, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Web Development, etc.)
- Experience in working with relational databases (MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in developing and maintaining APIs
- Experience in interactive data visualisation using BI software (Klipfolio, Sisense, etc.) or online data visualisation packages (D3.js, Plotly, Google charts, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience with a common scripting language (PHP, Python, etc.)
- Able to work in a small international team and willingness to take responsibility
- Readiness to be on top of new developments in the sector and to provide state of the art systems
- Interest in the topic of natural resources and their contribution to local community engagement and economic development
Office Location and Geographic Scope
The Rwanda Systems Analyst is based primarily in Kigali with occasional travel required.
Tasks and Activities
- Creation of project focused visualisations and dashboards using Klipfolio
- Implementing additional visualisation tools into BSP dashboards
- Developing new in-house solutions for BSP’s data visualisation needs (to be confirmed)
- Developing and maintaining API links between data collection tools and data warehousing
- Participating in ongoing cleaning, improvement, and analysis of BSP datasets
- Driving the automation of data management steps
- Providing training for local and international staff
- Participating in the development of a web based client interface and information sharing platform (to be confirmed)
- Facilitating the implementation of new tools into BSP Systems
English, French desirable
Full time permanent position (a 3-month probation period applies)
Dependent on profile and experience
20 days of holiday per annum, in addition to Rwandan public holidays
Please send CV and cover letter to the following email address: [email protected] not later than 15th/07/2017.