Job at United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) : Programme Policy Officer,NOA(VAM-Markets and Food Security Analyst) (86581) (Deadline: 22 August 2018 )
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
Job holders are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They are typically involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
To manage the overall WFP markets and price analysis in the country as well as perfom food security analysis and reports.
Under the direct supervision of Head of VAM, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Plan, design and conduct market related assessments and surveys to inform programming and management decision.
- Conduct cost-efficiency analysis for cash-based programming.
- Provide market information and technical advice to the CO CBT task force;
- Design market monitoring systems for market based interventions.
- Assess staff training needs and provide markets and price monitoring training to field staff and partners as required.
- Participate in inter-agency markets and food security activities and assessments providing inputs for the development of market information sections (Joint Assessment and Monitoring).
- Participate in internal and external food security meetings and coordination forums.
- Present assessment findings to WFP colleagues, Government, donors and cooperating partners.
- Coordinate data collection on market prices and commodities traded in the main and remote markets of the country.
- Liaise with national and international institutions/agencies that are involved in addressing as well as collecting market and price data.
- Periodically review and develop market data collection tools, formats and guidelines for assessments, monitoring and baseline studies.
- Prepare weekly/monthly price updates for the CO, Regional Bureau and Headquarters as required.
- Conduct regular secondary data review and write monthly market and food security bulletins.
- Support the implement of the new CBT monitoring tools including the reporting activities on CBT.
- Provide technical support to the food security outcomes monitoring, assessments and surveys
- Perform as an alternate to VAM Officer to coordinate WFP’s emergency preparedness & response package and disaster risk reduction
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Statistics, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. knowledge of French is an added value.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Strong knowledge of food security analysis and the data collection, treatment, and manipulation
techniques typically associated with it. Advanced computer skills, including at least intermediate skills in
windows based word processing, spreadsheet, database and GIS applications. Working knowledge of basic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in food security, vulnerability analysis, development, national aspects of national bilateral or multilateral food assistance or a closely related area.
Advanced knowledge in statistical analysis software. Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative survey techniques.
Experience in the design and implementation of food aid programmes.
Some experience in remote sensing interpretation and analysis, NDVI, WRSI.
Experience in working with International NGOs, UN Agencies and Government Institutions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility: To be Rwandan national
Duration of Post: 1 year renewable, subject to successful performance and availability of funds.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment Contract (NO 1)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: email@example.com and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.