Job at Wellspring Academy : Deputy Principal in Charge Of Primary Section (Deadline: 05 August 2017)
“NOT TO BE SERVED BUT TO SERVE”
P.O.BOX: 7486 Kigali
July 13th 2017
Wellspring Academy is a non-denominational Christian school that was created with a vision of producing a new generation of Servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
Wellspring Academy is a complete school from Kindergarten through grade 12. The Academy delivers the Cambridge Curriculum from the primary section through high school.
Wellspring Academy seeks to recruit highly skilled, dedicated, and experienced and Christ centered staff for the following positions hereafter.
Becoming a staff at Wellspring Academy requires:
- To be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ – thoroughly committed and practicing basic disciplines which stimulate growth in Christ
- Decision analysis and decision making abilities, in determining how best to aid students in the learning process
- Frequent meetings with school administrators, teachers, and other staff to communicate information, data, and alternative problem solutions
- To passionately embrace and pursue a Christ-centered vision for her/his life.
Deputy Principal in Charge Of Primary Section
- To play a full role in the senior management of the school.
- To take a lead in relation to certain activities. These will include curriculum planning, strategic planning, policy development in certain areas and leadership of all WSA wide quality issues.
- To contribute to the work of the school in a variety of ways not specifically listed.
- To share with other members of the senior management team line management responsibility for team leaders and coordinators.
- To deputise for the Principal as required.
- to lead on planning for the implementation and delivery of the WSA curriculum aiming at fulfilling WSA vision and mission
- to lead on curriculum strategy, both in relation to national policy and local and partnership needs
- to lead on arrangements for student assessment, monitoring and review
- oversight of the provision of learning resources to support curriculum delivery
- playing a lead role in bringing together and producing the school development plans, strategic plan, etc
- Initiate the approval process of the school budget and plans (action, strategic)
- contributing significantly to policy development in certain areas, including leading on the promotion of healthy relationship teachers-students
- Ensure efficient and effective use of buildings and rooms.
- liaison with external quality agencies
- lead on the self-assessment review
- coordinate and oversee the work of the teachers on Quality Education
- maintain detailed analysis of student achievements and to prepare results for presentations and publications as necessary
- liaise with MINEDUC/Local Administration regarding achievements/appeals
- lead WSA in its preparation for any inspections
- lead on the maintenance of WSA quality systems for student higher education references
- evaluate teachers regarding their performance and advise the Principal accordingly
- play a full part in the operation of WSA marketing events
- participate in the programme of guidance interviews arranged for all students
- accept responsibility for the maintenance of student discipline as appropriate
- Responding to complaints and other issues as appropriate.
Qualifications and experience:
- Possession of a Masters or higher degree in education, Educational Leadership, Management with Education or any other related field.
- At least three years of leadership in an International school with Cambridge System.
Interested candidates should send an application letter and updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to email@example.com
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Deadline for receiving applications is August 5th 2017.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
The successful candidate should expect to start the job on August 21st 2017