Job at World Vision International (Rwanda): (FRL&EGA) Project Manager (Deadline: 05 July 2017)
FORESTRY LANDSCAPE RESTORATION AND EVERGREEN AGRICULTURE (FRL&EGA) PROJECT MANAGER
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of
Forestry landscape Restoration and Evergreen Agriculture (FRL&EGA) Project Manager. The position will be based in Gasabo District in Eastern Region Office and reporting to the Regional Manager .
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the position is to provide overall Leadership and Management to the projects, ensuring project planning aimed at achieving all project goals, deliverables, tasks, costs and deadlines. The position shall ensure collaboration with various partners including Small Holder Farmers, Community Based Organizations, Local NGOs, Local Government, Central Government and International Organizations. Additionally, the Project Manager shall be expected to communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
The major responsibilities include:
- Provide overall leadership and management to the FLR & EVG, projects ensuring team planning, efficient and effective budget management and deployment of time and talent to achieve team objectives.
- Provide overall program management, develop coherent technical vision and initiate innovative strategic to achieve the outputs of the project/s
- Build and manage relationship with the government of Rwanda, local and international organizations, local farmer organizations, private sector stakeholders on Forestry Landscape Restoration and related issues.
- In collaboration with WVR Design, Monitoring and Evaluation team, ensure proper assessments, baselines, monitoring and evaluation of all Forestry Landscape Restoration related projects are done and that all the M & E findings/ recommendations are incorporated in the subsequent project designs
- Develop a Forestry Landscape Restoration scale up Strategy for World Vision Rwanda (WVR) including communications and networking
- Build staff, community and organizational capacity in quality Forestry Landscape Restoration programming and re-sourcing with potential donors
- Provide technical support to the implementation of all agricultural, environmental and food security response initiatives
- Coordinate a process of compiling evidence of good practices through proper assessment, quality documentation of better practices, pictures, impact stories etc.
- Support WVR in resource acquisition in relation to food security, economic development, environment and Climate change Issues.
- Prepare periodic written reports according to the deadline agreed with the donor and partners and submit to World Vision and other partners mentioned in the project proposal
- Monitor the impact (negative % positive) of the FRL&EGA on the wellbeing of children.
- Ensure that FRL&EGA project components, products and activities do not contribute to any form of child abuse or infringement of child rights
- Promote and sensitize communities, clients, partners and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure that child protection policy and guidelines are strictly adhered to among all staff, communities and clients you interact with.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal training, self-education, and prior experience or on the job training Minimum Qualification required:
- Experience in managing agroforestry, FMNR, climate smart agriculture and Livelihoods initiatives.
- Must possess strong research skills
- Must have experience in designing monitoring and evaluations systems for large organizations
- Must have experience in project design and implementation, and operation management; project monitoring and evaluation and report writing are essential.
- Must be a skillful people manager, with ability to lead, inspire, and mentor subordinates, and to achieve the highest possible results through staff.
- Must have clear visions of the key accountabilities, and be determined to achieve all set targets in line with short, medium and long term targets and objectives as specified in WVR’s budgets, plans and strategic documents.
- Must have developed networking skills mainly with major donors, the government and other NGOs
- Must be computer literate in especially MS Word, Excel and Power Point
Minimum Qualification required:
- Minimum Qualification: the candidate should have a University degree in Agroforestry, Agriculture, Development Studies, Natural Resource Management or related discipline. A master’s degree in one of the above mention fields will be an added advantage;
- Must have proven experience in managing grant projects, preferably in the development sector, consistently meeting or exceeding donor expectations,
- Must be conversant with most of economic development approaches such as saving groups, value chain development, cooperative development,
- Have at least five years of relevant work experience in a similar or related position;
- Must have experience in partnership management,
- Must be computer literate especially in data analysis programs,
- Excellent writing competencies in English and French – having proven track record of grant proposal writing will be an advantage
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field (65%)
- Travel: 20% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 15%
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org(no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 5th July, 2017; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks