Job at World Vision International (Rwanda) : Health and WASH Technical Program Manager (Deadline: 08 August 2018 )
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 24 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Health and WASH Technical Program Manager. The position will be based in Kigali and reporting to the Integrated Programs Director.
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical leadership and guide the National Office Strategy in Health and WASH program supporting the design, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, planning and partnership processes in a manner that promotes continuous improvement and innovation in line with WV’s standards and guidelines and ensure alignment with the Government policies and strategies.
The major responsibilities include:
- Resource Acquisition: Contribute in the process of identification, assessment and design of new Health and WASH program projects, including participation in developing grant proposals, log frames, monitoring and evaluation plans and budgets in line with the LEAP framework.
- Building Capacity: Support project implementation teams in Health and WASH sector through providing targeted training, tools and resources on a regular basis to facilitate timely and quality delivery of programmes.
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Planning: Support Health and WASH program sector programs monitoring, evaluation, planning and reporting processes, with development of tools that can facilitate effective implementation and quality of project deliveries.
- Technical input: Review, provide input and endorse Health and WASH program technical matters, including providing support to the process of procurement, supply and delivery of all equipment and materials, staffing, and all other necessary inputs to successful project outcomes, working with relevant WV departments.
- Mainstreaming: Contribute the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues in all WVR Health and WASH program, in particular the integration of child protection, disability and gender. Ensure focus on Child Well-being outcomes, in particular the livelihoods outcome, in all Livelihoods programs.
- Information Management: Support keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all Health and WASH program documents, resources, lessons and good practices, and facilitate their circulation and use within the NO, across the partnership and with partners.
- Innovation: Facilitate the introduction of new, innovative practices, methodologies or concepts in WVR Health and WASH program.
- Building Partnerships: Pursue and develop meaningful and formal partnerships with Government, UN agencies, NGO’s, research institutes and other community stakeholders that will compliment WVR Health and WASH program.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- Minimum Qualification required University degree in Public Health, environmental health, or Social Sciences, WASH or related discipline.
- Experience: 3 years in managing Public Health or WASH program/project management, preferably in a senior position in international NGO
- Preferred: Master’s degree in International Public Health, Public health, Environmental Health, or Social Sciences related discipline or additional credentials or certificates in specific sector-related topics such as rural WASH, environmental protection, and Health. Working experience in community development
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent project management skills and good understanding of the project lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of best practice Health and WASH approaches in community development
- Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools and budgets.
- Excellent supervision skills, including training, mentoring and supporting staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Lotus Notes
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity and ability to lead a team of professionals.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on email@example.com(no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 8th August 2018; no late applications will be accepted
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
Terms and Conditions
Please Note: that All Jobs and Opportunities Published on mucuruzi.com are completely free to apply. A candidate should never pay any fee during the recruitment Process. Even if mucuruzi.com does its best to avoid any scam job or opportunity offer, a job seeker or an opportunity seeker is 100% responsible of applying at his own risk.
Check well before applying, if you doubt about the eligibility of any offer do not apply and notifie to mucuruzi.com via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to never pay any fee to have a job or get any opportunity, if you do so, do it at your own risk.