16 JOB POSITIONS AT MINISTRY OF EDUCATION : ( Deadline : 31 July 2019 )
JOB AT MINISTRY OF EDUCATION : procurement Specialist : ( Deadline : 31 July 2019 )
Prepare annual procurement plans in accordance with approved work plans and budgeted interventions to ensure timely procurement of required goods and services; Determine suitable sources of supply through extended local and non
– local searches and request bids and quotations through right channels accessible to a wide range of potential suppliers; Prepare appropriate bidding documents, including specific procurement notices, standard contracts for goods and services, invitations for bids, etc. and liaise with projects teams to ensure that all requirements are considered and made clear during bid documents preparation; Work with selection committees for the review and analysis of bids and quotations and recommend the best qualified bidder/vendor, considering offered prices and bidder/ vendor capabilities, reputation, and past performance; Participate in contract negotiations, prepare and review for high quality and accuracy each contract packages (selection memos, restricted screening and other donor requirements, contracts, agreements/grants or purchase orders, modifications, etc.) prior to submission to contracts or agreements signatory. Maintain and reconcile a tracker of all contracts and agreements in order to record deliverables, issue necessary modifications and/or cancellations, and complete adequate close
– out. Review and ensure that all incoming procurement requests submitted for financing through the projects are eligible, establish priorities and timely perform all appropriate preparations necessary on the basis of the type of procurement requested and in accordance with projects funders guidelines and requirements; Closely work with and consult projects funders so that all clearances and approvals are obtained before procurements are initiated;
Monitor invoices/deliverables against contracts and agreements and mitigate cost overruns, including coordinating/communicating with relevant vendor, contractor and project paying office; Ensure proper contracts management and maintain a well
– organized filing system of electronic and hard copy records of all procurement actions and support the review and audit of procurement files. Ensure that all procurement procedures, national or otherwise are complied with in all materials respects, properly documented and managed; Determine and use the most appropriate methods of procurement and provide regular procurement reports on a timely basis; Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Master’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Management, Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration or Law with an experience of at least 3 years of relevant experience on procurement position, or A0 in one of the above fields with 5 years of relevant experience on procurement position;
At least 2 years’ experience with donor
– funded projects on the position of procurement;
Proficiency in record keeping and data analysis;
Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail, including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
Expert user of MS Office products and comfort with learning new applications as required;
Outstanding communications skills, including interpersonal communications and strong writing skills;
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including working collaboratively, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors;
High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
Ability to work under pressure, coordinate and link with multi
– disciplinary experts.
15 JOB POSITIONS AT MINISTRY OF EDUCATION : ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL SAFEGUARDS OFFICERS : ( Deadline : 31 July 2019 )
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the School Construction Program Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Environmental and Social Safeguards Officers include but are not confined to:
?Implement environmental and social safeguards related activities as outlined in the project Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) and other documents;
?Work with Environmental Safeguards Specialist and Social Safeguards Specialist based at central level and School Construction Program staff to prepare necessary documents, such as environmental and social safeguards guidelines, tools and notes based on national and project funder relevant environmental and social safeguards policies, acts and regulations and disseminate them to the relevant stakeholders within the assigned Districts;
?Collaborate with District
– based School Construction Field Officers to ensure that construction sub
– projects implementation within assigned Districts comply with project ESMF process and procedures;
?Support environmental and Social screening of subprojects and activities, and prepare subprojects or activities specific Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs);
?Organize environmental and social safeguards orientation, awareness, and training for construction sites labour and local community and participate in national level consultations with major stakeholders;
?Participate in review of sub
– projects and activity plan, design, cost and bid documents to ensure environmental and social factors and mitigations are incorporated, and sub
– projects documents are in harmony with environmental and social safeguards documents;
?Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi
– annual and annual reports in a manner understandable by non
– technical people for effective dissemination purpose and submit them to the Environmental Safeguards Specialist, Social safeguards Specialist and School Construction Program Manager for consolidation;
?Produce relevant summary documents in local languages for dissemination in construction sites at local levels;
?Participate in the conduct of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), prepare Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMPs) and Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs) and implement them within the assigned Districts;
?In collaboration with the environmental safeguards specialist and social safeguards specialist based at central level, implement the design of communication strategy (Stakeholders Engagement Plan) and action plan to strategically communicate with project beneficiaries and organize a community profiling process to generate sufficient and accurate information;
?Work with Grievance Redress Committees levels to adequately address grievances of project beneficiaries and make proper grievance database to inform reports;
?Work closely with officials of Districts and Sectors in all processes of environmental and social safeguards for sub
?Ensure that contractors follow the Codes of Conduct signed by the sub
– contractors and Employees during construction activities;
?Follow up the Prevention and Response Action Plan (PRAP) included in the project labour Management Procedures regarding Labor Influx, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), Sexual Harassment (SH) and Gender Based Violence (GBV) and be part of community based training/raising awareness sessions on their prevention.
The following are the required education qualification and work experience for the Environmental and Social Safeguards Officers.
?Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Development Studies, Rural Development, Social Sciences, Sociology or Psychology;
?At least 2 years of relevant experience in environmental and social safeguards related field;
?Possession of driving license (Category A) will be an added advantage;
?Have relevant environmental and social safeguards implementation experience, preferably in construction projects;
?Possession of experience in the development and implementation of environmental and social safeguards instruments (ESMF, RPF, ESCP, SEP, LMP, RAPs, EIAs, ESIAs, ESMPs, etc) will be an added advantage;
?Have very good communication skills (written and oral) in English and Kinyarwanda. Good knowledge of French will be an added asset;
?Have planning and organization skills and good ability in working productively in a team environment of diverse backgrounds;
?Other skills: Quantitative and analytic skills, (ii)Working knowledge in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), (ii) Ability to manage priorities and be detail
– orientated within a dynamic, fast
– paced environment, (iv) Work in a team environment to determine and/or review ideas to find solutions to problems, (v) Ability to work independently with limited or no supervision while maintaining a high level of efficiency and still upholding a team mentality.
5. Duty station
The School Construction Field Officers will be stationed in one specific District but will be assigned two close Districts and may be requested to assist the environmental and social safeguards officers assigned to the neighboring Districts as required by the workload.
The appointment will be on contract for a period of 1 year renewal based on performance.