2 JOB POSITIONS AT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STATISTICS OF RWANDA : ( Deadline : 17 January 2019 )
JOB AT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STATISTICS OF RWANDA : SPIU Coordinator : ( Deadline : 17 January 2019 )
1) Advising the Director General of NISR and senior management in all policy and general strategic and operational planning, coordination, and M&E issues aiming at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the NISR in its entire endeavor to implement the institute’s operations.
2) Working closely with the Deputy Director General (DDG) and NISR senior management in the effective coordination of activities and management of NISR resources received from the Government of Rwanda (GoR) and development partners to implement NISR activities.
3) Ensuring that GoR and DP funding put forward to implement the NISR projects is spent according to the annual work plans, quarterly plans and the Budget. This must be also done according to the priorities agreed upon by the Steering Committee /National partnership Group by putting NSDS framework at the forefront.
4) Ensure that NISR annual and quarterly plans are reviewed and updated timely.
5) Advising NISR’s Head of Corporate Services on ensuring the financial management processes and internal controls are consistent with GoR and Development Partners financial management requirements and regulations;
6) Ensuring that statistics operations and projects within NISR are effectively implemented.
7) Ensuring that planning and reporting documents are produced for the NSDS Steering Committee/National Partnership Group as specified in the MoU governing the Basket Fund. Notably these include:
a. An Integrated Annual Action Plan and Budget
b. Quarterly work plans and progress reports
c. Both forward and backward looking review reports
d. Financial statements and reports
e. Procurement Plan
f. Capacity building plan
8) Facilitate effective coordination of the National Statistical System’s (NSS) activities including those of NISR and statistics producing units in the Health, Education, Agriculture, Local Government, and Macroeconomic/Finance
9) Facilitate the capacity building interventions and skills transfer to NISR and NSS through NISR Training Centre. 10) Assisting the NISR Director General to compile summaries of sector working groups’ reports, and preparation of quarterly NSS/NISR progress reports to the NSDS Steering Committee/National partnership group and the MINECOFIN
11) Building the capacity of NISR as an institution and of NISR staff in the areas of project management and strategic planning.
12) Advising the NISR senior management on governance and strategic management issues;
13) Assessing and advising on the compliance with statutes and regulations
14) Implementing the monitoring and evaluation system which permits a comprehensive reporting to the SC.
15) Undertaking monitoring and evaluation and reporting on performance against the planned activities and projects.
16) Provides exemplary leadership to the management team and staff of the SPIU with a high sense of motivation
17) Represents SPIU in all forums and be its senior interface with all NISR stakeholders
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Finance and Economics.
• At least five (5) years hands on experience in Managing public sector projects or more than five (5) years’ experience working at different levels in externally funded projects
• Conversant with procedures used in managing Donor funded projects
• Strong financial resource management, planning and monitoring skills (and appropriate qualifications)
• Direct experience of managing statistical activities and other activities of related nature.
• Should be computer literate.
• Should be fluent in English. A working knowledge of French is an added advantage
JOB AT NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STATISTICS OF RWANDA : Human Resources in charge of recruitment capacity building and development : ( Deadline : 17 January 2019 )
1. Provide support to supervisors and staff on recruitment and selection process.
? Participate in the development of recruitment policies and procedures; and monitor their implementation in the institution;
? Provide assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment;
? Lead the process of writing job descriptions and ensure that they are accurate;
? Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions;
? Participate in short listing and inform successful candidates’ dates of written and oral exams;
? Schedule and organize exams (written and interviews);
? Organize staff orientations (induction period);
? Ensure probation phase are concluded and reports made.
2. Provide support to supervisors and staff on skills and capabilities development.
? Conduct regular capacity needs assessment and identify training and development opportunities;
? Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities;
? Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies, training plans and procedures;
? Provide assistance in making human resource development plans;
? Access funding for training and write proposals.
Master’s/ A0 in Human Resources Management or Public Administration with 2 years working experience in human resource management.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Deep knowledge of Rwandan public service and labor laws;
– Knowledge in Conflict Management;
– knowledge of the regulations applying to payroll procedures;
– Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures;
– Problem Solving Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
– Time management Skills;
– Interview Skills;
– High analytical Skills;
– Team working Skills;
– Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French;knowledge of all is an advantage