2 Job Positions at AIMS (Deadline: 25 April 2018)
Job at AIMS : Social Media Coordinator (Deadline: 25 April 2018 )
– To manage all files related to debt recovery especially those related to money spent by SGF on accident caused by non
– insured vehicles;
– To engage with debtors using a variety of means to obtain information including complete address which can be used in the debt recovery process and to ensure that debtors are advised of their position and the procedures that will be followed to recover the debt. Some contacts may be outside normal working hours;
– Prepare recovery letters and other related documents and transmit them to different debtors and stakeholders;
– Keep an aged record of debts and monitor their payment in order to have information and report bad and good debtors;
– To manage recovery actions on debts owed to SGF in accordance with different regulations
– To update and maintain appropriate systems to ensure that all recovery measures are based on correctly held data;
– To keep a record of all seized vehicles having caused accident without insurance and make sure that their auction is conducted according to what is provided for by the law;
– Engage with debtors and reach a realistic and affordable payment plan which is informed where possible by an accurate financial statement, then prepare reimbursement agreements with them, submit them for approval to the DG, insure they are signed by both parties.
– Monitor execution of reimbursement agreement;
– To advise the Management of SGF on issues affecting the debt recovery processes, both in general terms and on individual cases.
– Maintain an extensive knowledge of statutory requirements and recognized good practice in connection with recovery procedures including areas of political and environmental change that affect benefits and entitlements of customers.
– Collaborate with SGF’s lawyers in order to present best evidence in courts of law,
– To Collaborate and maintain good working relationships with different stakeholders of SGF including National Police, RRA, NIDA, NPPA, Local authorities, ….
– To provide monthly, quarterly and annual report on recovery activities evolution and submit them his hierarchic supervisor in the required format.
At least Bachelor’s degree in Business law, Law, Finance, Management, Marketing, Accounting
Knowledge and experience
– A knowledge and understanding of debt recovery principles and the legal process for debt recovery;
– Understanding of and commitment to Customer Care principles;
– Knowledge of using computer based IT systems including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.
– Proficiency in the use and application of arithmetical skills.
– Commitment to customer care, confidentiality, and deliver services that are value for money,
Skills and abilities
– Ability to maintain and sustain a productive and effective working partnership with stakeholders;
– Ability to effectively communicate in a patient, sympathetic and tactful way.
– Ability to work under own initiative and meet targets set;
– Ability to work in a team based environment
Job at AIMS : Media and External Relations Coordinator (Deadline: 25 April 2018)
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS Centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Media and External Relations Coordinator – AIMS Global Network
The Media and External Relations Coordinator will join a high-energy team focused on sharing success stories, streamlining internal communications processes and scaling up impact. As the Coordinator, you will primarily be responsible for media relations strategy implementation and some communications administrative support.
Led by the Global Group Director, Communications & Public Engagement | AIMS Global Network,
you will be a key resource for regularly pitching content to media that represents the work and impact of AIMS. You will also act as the point of contact for members of the press and other media representatives. Ultimately, you will work in tandem with the communications team maintain the AIMS brand to external partners and audiences.
This is a full-time opportunity based at the Secretariat office in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications / Public Relations/Marketing/ Journalism or another related field.
2+ years of experience in journalism, communications or related field
Strong and proven media relationships
Excellent and proven writing and editing skills
Ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
Bi-lingual (English/French), written and spoken
Effective team player: Work fast and work well with others
Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
Experience handling highly confidential information in a professional manner
Issues engagement: Candidate stays engaged in global news, trends and emerging issues.
Substantial experience in communications, advocacy, marketing, donor relations, fundraising or related field in an international development
Proven skills in editing, proof reading and research, with excellent attention to detail.
Ability to take initiative and manage assignments from conceptualization to completion
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: [email protected] (i.e. quote “Media and External Relations Coordinator” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until April 25, 2018.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer