2 JOB POSITIONS AT MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING : Public Financial management IT Expert : ( Deadline : 16 May 2019 )
– Design, documentation and development of system functionalities
– Develop unit and system testing cases and scripts, test and reports test results
– Work closely with system developers on various design, development, documentation and testing activities
– Ensure MINECOFIN IT security policy appliance in SmartFMS software development lifecycle
– Maintain various database related documents such as manuals and programmers handbooks including developing IFMIS user unit tailored manuals, where necessary.
– Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
– Working closely with IT team, database programmers and developers;
– Analyse and develop statutory and analytical reports for various modules of IFMIS
– Assist in the identification of issues and problems in the IFMIS application build and the finding of suitable solutions. Furthermore and throughout the duration of the project.
– Execute ongoing development plans. Ensure ongoing functionality and maintenance.
– Contribute to strategy for platform evolution and integration.
– Document all designs and solutions and maintain ongoing development plan and production schedule.
– Manage client and server
– side development, ensuring best practices and quality code production.
– Capable of understanding and contributing to the IFMIS technical solution from design through to code level
– Working closely with IFMIS Project Manager, Architect, Developers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
– Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
– Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely to the required quality standards
– Carrying out any such other duties that will be assigned by the IFMIS Coordinator in line with the improvement of financial management for GoR.
Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology (IT), Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Management or any other field related to software development, with at least 3 years of experience in developing web applications using at least one popular Java web framework (Struts, JSF, Spring MVC, or ZK), excellent knowledge of developing Java enterprise applications using JavaEE or Spring, and outstanding knowledge of ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate, or MyBatis). Possession of a relevant post graduate qualification with 2 years’ experience will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
– Must have a thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and been involved in various phases of Software Development: Requirements, Gathering, Analysis/Design, Development, Integration, Testing and Deployment and Software Support.
– Practical knowledge/experience with software development methodologies (e.g. Agile)
– Fluent coding in Java and JavaEE technologies such EJB, JSP, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, etc.
– Expert in Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns and UML2.
– Exposure to use of Object Oriented Programming using Java
– Practical experience with unit and performance testing
– Expert in testing tools like JUnit,TestNG, etc.
– Experience with Web Services (SOAP and REST)
– Working knowledge of java frameworks such as Spring, Struts, JSF, ZK, and Hibernate.
– Adequate and Practical knowledge of Relational Database Technologies through additional professional training in Advanced Database Systems (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server).
– Having a good grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms;
– Ability to quickly assimilate new and complex technologies and concepts.
– Expert in build utilities like Maven, Ant, etc.
– Ability to perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other team members on the project.
– Ability to solve problems quickly
– Ability to work independently and as a part of a wider team
– Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
– Ability to prioritize and multi
– task in order to meet deadlines
– Knowledgeable about IT and web applications
– Must be a good team player with good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
– Being able to work hard under stressful situations
– Must be very comfortable working in Windows and Linux environments
– Ability to operate on a scheduled 9
– hour and beyond on
– call basis