2 Job Positions at Research Triangle Institute (RTI) : Deputy M&E Specialist (Deadline: 8 July 2018)
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer 2 (Deputy Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist)
Job Classification: Professional 2
Job Grade: L
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
PSDAG project is a five-year (August 2014-August 2019) United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded initiative implemented by RTI International. The goal of PSDAG project is to increase incomes of smallholder farmers by promoting private sector investment. PSDAG has two primary complementary objectives: (1) To assist the Government of Rwanda to increase private sector investment, and (2) To facilitate increased private sector investment by upgrading agricultural value chains.
The primary role of the Deputy M&E is to support the M&E Specialist in the measurement and reporting of PSDAG activities using an established M&E system to ensure timely monitoring and reporting of project activities and results (outputs, outcomes and impact). In supporting the M&E Specialist in the Program Implementation Support, the Deputy M&E Specialist will work with PSDAG Leads for Objective 1 and Objective 2, to integrate results-based approaches in planning, implementation and reporting of PSDAG activities.
- Participate in preparation of annual M&E Plan and Annual Work Plan;
- Assist in provision of coaching, direction, and leadership support to project teams in achieving set targets;
- Participate in writing monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Assist in the implementation of USAID M&E standards and requirements such as reporting using AIDTracker Plus or Development Information Solution (DIS) and Feed the Future Monitoring Systems (FTFMS);
- Support the project partners and grantees to develop and implement their own monitoring systems;
- Follow up with project partners and or grantees to ensure collection, compilation and reporting of monitoring data;
- Assist in the management of PSDAG M&E database;
- Assist in the implementation of Consolidation Networks and Farmbook ICT solutions;
- Conduct Data Quality Assurance processes of project generated data and grantee reported data;
- Assist in program Implementation support and Cross Cutting Areas (Communications, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building, Social Inclusion, Business Development Services and Environment and Standards Compliance);
- Collaborate with external project monitoring and evaluation missions; and
- Carry out any other duties within the position responsibilities assigned by the Chief of Party or M&E Specialist.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 1 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience; degree in statistics, economics, M&E, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects/programs.
- Proven experience in database management, Microsoft Office software’s (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint).
- Proven experience of working in Rwanda.
- Demonstrated of experience of working with the private sector is an important asset.
- Experience in use of statistical software such as SPSS, or Stata.
- Strong oral and written communication skill in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
- Past experience on a USAID funded project is preferred.
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel; ability to do advanced work in Excel preferred
- Experiencing managing teams;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently;
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their CV and cover letter on or before July 8, 2018, to [email protected] with copy to [email protected] and indicate on the subject line: Application for Deputy M&E Specialist.