2 Job Positions at Rutsiro District : LAB TECHNICIAN A2 (Multiple) (Deadline: 21 August 2018)
1. Perform laboratory analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, stool, sputum, CSF and other biological samples.
2. Perform and document quality control of all tests performed in service.
3. Enter data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into computer for laboratory information system.
4. Establish and monitor programs to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
5. Set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment.
6. Process and report specimens in a timely and efficient manor
7. Monitor room and fridge temperature
8. Make sure working environment is clean and free of clutters
9. To respect safety rules and procedures and able to work in any assigned task performed in laboratory department
10. Perform and sterilize all laboratory reusable material, culture media and others
11. Clean, dry and sterilize laboratory material that need sterilization
“A2 in Laboratory Sciences/ Biomedical Laboratory Technicians
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge in value of Laboratory medicine to the health care;
– ?Knowledge in Laboratory information systems;
– Knowledge in Laboratory medicine Technology;
– Knowledge in Laboratory standardization and harmonization;
– Interpersonal Skills
– Effective communication skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– Judgment & Decision
– making skills;
– Complex Problem solving Skills;
– Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage”