2 Job Positions at Rwanda Housing Authority (Deadline: 17 May 2018)
Jobs at RWANDA HOUSING AUTHORITY : Building Design Senior Architect (Deadline: 17 May 2018 )
• Developing architectural concepts of projects related to upgrading and refurbishment of government buildings.
• Organizing and supervising upgrading and refurbishment works of government buildings.
• Elaboration of annual reports of refurbishment of government buildings.
• Provide technical support to government
– owned projects;
• Developing cost efficient concepts/designs for Affordable Housing program;
• Developing better local developments designs including social economical amenities where affordable Housing projects will be implemented;
Perform other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
A0 in Architecture with 3 years of work experience or Master’s Degree in Architecture
Jobs at RWANDA HOUSING AUTHORITY : Urban Physical Planner ( Deadline: 17 May 2018 )
1)Conduct technical feasibility studies for identification of adequate sites in close coordination with Local Authorities as well as with the concerned line Ministries and implementing partners;
2)Ensure that basic technical criteria of land availability/property, accessibility, security, topography, water resources, absorption capacity, and adequate terrain for proper sanitation facilities are taken into consideration while selecting potential sites;
3)Within an urban context, assess the structural safety of public buildings;
4)Develop, in close coordination with implementing partners and other concerned parties, settlement plans and their implementation modalities, including construction/rehabilitation of available infrastructure;
5)Ensuring that overall needs of target groups, their cultural preferences and the concerns of the local communities are taken into account;
6)Ensure that settlement designs take into consideration compliance with adopted regulatory framework (urban planning code and Rwanda building Code);
7)Coordinate with target groups, Local Authorities and other partners the identification of potential needs related to shelter and resilience;
8)Advise on matters related to the procurement of sector related materials or equipment, including the development of technical specifications for bid documents
A0 in Urban Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Design or Civil Engineering or A1 in Civil Engineering with 3 years of working experience