2 JOB POSITIONS AT RWANDA LAND MANAGEMENT AND USE AUTHORITY ( Deadline : 26 December 2018 )
JOB AT RWANDA LAND MANAGEMENT AND USE AUTHORITY : Geodetic Surveyor : ( Deadline : 26 December 2018 )
• Administration of Rwanda geodetic network and ensure that CORS stations are well maintained and serve the network users (surveyors) efficiently.
• Design, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot local area networks using a variety of network equipment, software and protocols.
• Monitor network traffic to identify problems and make capacity planning recommendations with the help of the NMS (Network Management System) and monitoring tools
• Troubleshoot problems with network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers and make corrective actions when necessary
• A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with a Certifications in A+, N+ is required; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (NET),LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are an added advantage
JOB AT RWANDA LAND MANAGEMENT AND USE AUTHORITY : Land Use Monitoring and Evaluation officer : ( Deadline : 26 December 2018 )
• Establish a land use monitoring system that uses verifiable indicators on land use;
• Carry out regular inspection of land uses practices in both urban and rural areas;
• Receive and analyses land use reports from district land commissions;
• Provide advice on actions to be taken against those whose land has grossly been misused;
• Design and update land use evaluation parameters;
• Train district land bureau staff and land committees on methods and procedures of monitoring and evaluating land use practices;
• Submit regular reports on land use practices to the Director of Land Management and Planning
• A0 in Land Management, Geography, Environment and Natural Resource management, Physical
• Planning, Engineering Surveying, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, Rural Engineering.
• Key technical skills and knowledge required:
• Good command of GIS;
• Extensive knowledge in Land use, Planning and valuation ;
• Knowledge in Land law and Tenure system;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Ability to manage multiple projects and to work under pressure;
• Effective management, organizational, budgeting and planning skills;
• Successful experience in the areas of decision making;
• The ability to independently manage the details of multiple programs and projects, to track
• activities and to meet deadlines;
• Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision;
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.