2 Job Positions at The United Nations World Food Programme : Driver G2 (86673) (Deadline: 22 August 2018)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to the Administration Officer, Logistics Officer or the designate, and drive light vehicles, trucks, vans, motorcycles or any other type of land transport. They may also be assigned to operate speed boats or other types of watercrafts. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office or stores.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
1. Drive safely office vehicle for the transportation of authorised personnel including delivery and collection of various items/commodities
2. Drive official personnel and visitors from/to the airport or other entry points.
3. Check before drivingf the vehicle, on a daily basis; all oil, lubricants and water level, as detailed in the vehicle daily inspection sheet.
4. Maintain milleage logbook and ensure all fuel issued is entered accurately into the logbook.
5. Ensure day to day vehicle is kept clean and in good condition
6. Ensure the vehicle is taken for servicing or repair as and when required in a timely manner.
7. Report any accident / incident or dammage to the vehicle to the supervisor as soon as possible.
8. Check on a daily basis the service ability of all communications equipement, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, toolkits, vehicle documents and any other equipement that may be fitted in the vehicle and report immediately if any equipement is damaged or missing.
9. Make sure the dressing uniform is regularly respected.
10. Respect the traffic rules and regulations for safe driving.
11. Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language (English or French). The knowledge of both is an added value. Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
Experience: Four or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility: To be Rwandan national or possess a valid permit to live and work in Rwanda
Duration of Post: 1 year renewable, subject to successful performance and availability of funds.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment Contract (FTA), GS-2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018