2 JOB POSITIONS at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE). Deadline : March 24, 2020
IT Helpdesk Assistant at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE). Deadline : March 24, 2020
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Respond to queries/ Talking to staff, students or faculty through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve IT issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and solving software faults and some basic hardware issues, replacing parts if required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports to the supervisor;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new user accounts and profiles and dealing with password setup issues;
- Respond to email messages for users seeking help;
- Walk user through problem-solving process;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with the staff and other UGHE partners;
- Testing and evaluating new technologies deployed on the university computer systems;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Follow up with users to ensure issues have been resolved to their satisfaction;
- Keeping track of records for all issues reported and how they were resolved;
- Collect feedback from users about computer usage;
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur;
- Promote continuity of service delivery by keeping the team informed of any potential problems and provide possible solutions;
- Help users to adequately connect to the appropriate University network systems;
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- BSc in IT, Computer Science or relevant field;
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience;
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment;
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support;
- Proven experience as a help desk technicianor other user support role;
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues;
- Proficiency in English;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Instructional Technology Assistant at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE). Deadline : March 24, 2020
Reports To: Head, Department of E-learning
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda (full time)
- Work with the head of E-learning to develop and implement course content for online learning environments;
- Develop course activities based on course objectives and instructor vision and apply best practices in teaching and learning;
- Liaise with course development team members to identify appropriate course resources and carry out course development tasks;
- Assist in the implementation of course activities into a learning management system, Canvas and populi;
- Assist in the Planning, coordinating and conducting of Quality Assurance reviews in advance of offering the course to students and follow up with appropriate team member to ensure changes are made;
- Assist the e-learning team to identify, plan and implement course improvements as part of the course review process;
- Develop and maintain a body of knowledge on emerging trends and educational standards in areas such as active learning, technology-enhanced learning, reflective practice and workplace learning;
- Edit courses being developed for grammar;
- Add content to learning management.
- Bachelor’s degree required (i.e., Information technology, multimedia development, curriculum development, teaching and learning, higher education);
- Experience with curriculum development;
- Experience editing documents;
- Experience with multimedia development (Video, audio, interactive software);
- Some project management experience required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- English proficiency required;
- French and/or Kinyarwanda proficiency preferred.
To ApplyApplicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement, (4) names and contact information of three professional references (5) copies of all degrees earned. Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes in health care.
The Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program, launched in July 2019, aims at improving individual and population health by training diverse clinician leaders with the skills, attitudes, and commitment to promote wellness, to ease suffering, and to develop effective and equitable health care delivery systems. Consistent with UGHE’s vision of training future leaders with expertise in health care delivery, MBBS students will also be granted the MGHD degree. In 2017, the Center for Nursing and Midwifery Leadership (CNML) was developed to address the gaps in nursing and midwifery education and to meet the needs of the healthcare system and most vulnerable patients around the globe.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in their drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as they uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.