2 Position at Euro Trade International Ltd: (Deadline 2 April 2021)
1. Deswick Mine Planner Software Specialist
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the role of Deswick Specialist Mine Planner will lead the planning and design of the underground mining sections and related surface infrastructure using the Deswick mine planning software. The successful candidate will be able to interpret geological and mine survey data and incorporate it in the software to produce optimised 3D mine plans. The role will also involve the training of junior mining engineers in the Deswick software, mine planning and mine optimisation.
Applicants must be educated to Masters degree level in mining engineering and have an advanced knowledge of Deswick mining software and MS Office, with a keen interest in mine optimisation.
- Establish a training programme for graduate mining engineers covering mine design, optimisation, survey integration and general 3D CAD.
- Work closely with the surveyors, geologists and mining engineers to develop detailed and optimised mine plans.
- Provide technical support to the operations group to achieve mid-term and long-term objectives and maximise production.
- Review plans and designs for regulatory compliance and compliance to the company policies, procedures and standards
- Maintain, report and monitor production and performance data to ensure the company’s goals are achieved
- Produce periodic reports on mine planning.
- Actively Promote the Company’s “Think First” culture and philosophy. Assist the management in developing and promoting a working environment that is safe and healthy and protects the environment.
- Work closely with managers on other mine sites within the group and participate in the management and technical planning activities of those sites as required.
Deatails [email protected]
2. Mine General Manager
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the role of Mine General Manager will lead the development of the underground mining sections and related surface infrastructure through to full operating production capacity. Directing company and contract resources to ensure delivery of the project in regard to safety, environment, quality, project schedule, costs and production objectives.
Applicants must be educated to Masters degree level and must have over ten years’ experience in underground mining of which a significant amount must be as a senior manager in a tear one international mining company. You must have a proven track record of operational optimisation, hold an internationally recognised blasting licence, a full driving licence, have the ability to use the MS Office software to an advanced level and have experience using mining software such as Micromine or Deswick. A first aid certificate and other industry related tickets and training will be favoured.
- Establish appropriate strategies, policies, procedures and standards aligned with our company business requirements. Guide the development of operational activities for the business including mining, mineral processing, geology, ESG and administration to ensure a seamless operation from day one.
- Drive a culture of safety and sustainability. Actively Promote the Company’s “Think First” culture and philosophy. Develop and promote a working environment that is safe and healthy and protects the environment.
- Build and empower your workforce to deliver the mine plan. Use your experience to build a skilled and credible workforce, ramping up to several thousand people (including contractors) for development. Mentor, coach and collaborate with site leaders ensuring a responsive, progressive and cohesive operational culture.
- Manage and maintain a strong contractor relationship. Build mutually beneficial relationships to deliver compliance with statutory regulations, mine targets, standards and quality. Aligning owner and contract values.
- Ensure accurate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. Coordinate the preparation of achievable annual budgets for Executive review. Plan, evaluate and decide upon key site investments. Coordinate the preparation of monthly reporting.
- Collaborate with other company mining management. Work closely with managers on other mine sites within the group and participate in the management and technical planning activities of those sites as required.
- Maintain positive key stakeholder and community relationships. Ensure high quality interfaces with regulatory and community networks and stakeholders.