2 Positions at MTN Rwanda: (Deadline 16, 21 September 2020)
Chief Consumer & Digital Officer at MTN Rwanda: (Deadline 21 September 2020)
MTN Rwanda is focused on attracting, recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals that contribute meaningfully to the achievement of our mission of making our customers’ lives a whole lot BRIGHTER. We are an equal employment employer with a strong culture that is forward looking and encourages creative thinking and innovation, while remaining at the forefront of the latest technology and trends.
MTN Rwanda is therefore recruiting a highly competent and self-motivating individual for the below Position as head of Consumer Department reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Job Title: Chief Consumer & Digital Officer
Job Level: 4L
Job Mission: Responsible for providing strategic direction to the consumer and digital business units. Develop business plan, strategic initiatives and oversees execution thereof. Also has oversight of Customer Experience, the Call Center and all MTN’s Digital Touchpoints
- Accountable for consumer and digital strategy. Also has oversight of Customer Experience, the Call Center and Digital Touchpoints.
- Develop and mature the new digital line of business, leveraging existing and future technologies.
- Formulation and consolidation of executional plans across the consumer business; ensuring alignment of operational targets with the business strategy.
- Develop and deliver compelling value propositions to achieve sustainable competitive advantage and company objectives.
- Forecast, plan, develop and review company revenue models to provide good return on investment for the business.
- Accountable for development, implementation, and management of communication strategies for the consumer and digital business units, in line with all the business aspects.
- Responsible for the delivery of Customer Experience excellence, across all customer touch-points. Has direct oversight over the Call Center and digital self-service channels. Liaises with the Chief Sales & Distribution officer on retail customer experience.
- Build and enforce a customer centric approach, ensuring that customer needs and requirements are satisfied through appropriate systems / processes / procedures and that systems enhance the customer experience
- Embed the Customer Value Management principles within the organization. Development of the base management strategies, inclusive of the retention strategy, to maximize customer lifetime value and customer base revenue contribution to the overall services revenue of the company.
- Responsible for consumer and digital revenue generation.
- Responsible for consumer and digital costs, ensuring overall business unit profitability.
- Create annual budgets for the current operations and projecting for the next planning cycle, taking any known changes in new products or services into consideration; Report on results, including compilation of periodic activity, budget compliance and feedback reports.
- Institutionalize business intelligence and enhance current market research methods.
- Support managers in the negotiation and management of tender agreements in relation to the department and in conjunction with procurement.
- Effectively manages the development of direct reports, ensuring skills development through training, mentoring, and coaching, talent management and the MTN Employee Value Proposition to achieve optimum performance; Build talent by identifying and developing new leaders for the respective environment.
- First Degree in Business Administration, Commercial Business, Digital, Technology or a related discipline. MBA or Masters advantageous
- At least 8 years of accountability running a consumer and/or digital business unit in a multinational company.
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of the telecommunications industry, digital solutions and/or other FMCG industries.
- Knowledge of telecom best practices and industry trends, marketing, sales and service environment, MTN products and services, market research, business acumen and the regulatory environment.
How to apply:
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than
21st Sept 2020 at 1:00 pm Through the job’s platform on: [email protected] or HRIS
MTN Rwandacell Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Chief Technical Officer at MTN Rwanda: (Deadline 16 September 2020)
- Identify, plan, implement and sustain a global standard technology infrastructure aligned to best practice.
- Ensure technical strategy & governance is aligned to medium to long-term business needs.
- Ensure network quality through the deployment of new & advanced optimization alternatives.
- Oversee and develop appropriate technology strategies aligned to network evolution and investment protection.
- Play a leading role to ensure that network technology is an effective enabler to meeting business commercial and stakeholder objectives.
- Provide technology/ technical leadership to the business by providing technical strategies to defend and grow voice and non-voice technology to support products medium to long term.
- Develop a technical service structure capable of sustaining longer term strategic and operational requirements.
- Gauge, assess and mitigate against all risks associated with the network.
- Ensure strategies are in place to manage network quality, traffic and sustainability.
- Develop strategies to effect all planned expansions & upgrade in order of priority in collaboration with Capital Projects Group.
- Provide people and cultural leadership in the Network function specifically in the areas of development, people management, career management performance management, culture renewal, structural, business plans, budget & fiscal responsibility.
- Ensure that the division meets the challenges of delivering the necessary technical support that ensures the delivery of high quality and timely services to user departments and customers.
- Develop, track, and control the divisional annual operating and capital budgets.
- Provide leadership with regard to People, Network related projects and deliverables.
- Provide leadership on business continuity and the risk aspects in the network technology area.
- Set clear directions, goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain progress and maintain motivation.
- Manage performance of team
- Manage staff career discussions, training and development and ensure necessary actions/ interventions are put in place
- Create an enabling environment and culture for team to perform aligned to MTN Global Talent Standard, Culture Operating System, and Values.
Involved in the process of hiring talent aligned to the MTN Global Talent Standard, Culture Operating System and Values
- BSc. Electronic Engineering / Telecommunications
- Postgraduate qualification
- Specialist/Professional certification is a plus
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience, 5years of which must have been at a Senior Managerial level and at least 5 years’ experience at a strategic management level in a multinational environment.
How to apply