2 Positions at PACT, Rwanda: (Deadline 30 September 2020)
Information Technology & Communication Officer at PACT, Rwanda: (Deadline 30 September 2020)
Pact seeks a IT and Communications Officer for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support the Government of Rwanda strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation.
The IT and Communications Officer will oversee all IT functions for the ACHIEVE office and support the communication needs of the ACHIEVE project.
Application Deadline is September 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST.
Information Technology Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the IT Unit.
- Perform maintenance of all ACHIEVE Rwanda computers and peripherals
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction.
- Protect data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes with the IT department.
- Support with Global IT in ensuring all It needs are met in the country office.
- Provide IT support for meetings and workshops
- Provide support in electronic archiving of ACHIEVE Rwanda documents
- Provide support in ensuring weekly back up of Staff work data
- Attend to all computer breakdown/repair maintenance call
- Maintain office LAN, internet and printer sharing as needed
- Provide IT advice and solution as required for effective office functioning
- Assist in inventory management
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Manage ACHIEVE Rwanda systems (Dropbox, Smartsheet, AWS, DHIS et.tc)
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Support the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies, actions plans of business development for the organization .
- Support maintenance of social media platforms, databases and knowledge management systems
- Provide support towards content development for ACHIEVE in Rwanda.
- In collaboration with the Technical Team and MEL Team, develop regular communication material highlighting ACHIEVE activities and achievements and/or engagements.
- Draft, translate and disseminate communications products.
- Development of communication materials for awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the Projects and CO management.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention. Maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Take part in communication activities including information campaigns where applicable (World AIDS Day, etc.)
- In collaboration with other Program team, assist in identifying and drafting success stories and compiling lessons learnt.
- Updating and maintaining online platforms, support design of content including graphic designs for digital distribution.
- Minimum of BSC in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related degree.
- Minimum on 4 years’ experience working in a similar role with an International Organization.
- Industry’s certification and membership i.e Microsoft, Cisco certified IT professional certification.
- Experience in international development project management and donor funds administration.
- Proven track record in maintaining IT structural integrity.
The application Deadline is September 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST.
Grants Manager at PACT, Rwanda: (Deadline 25 September 2020)
Pact seeks a Grants Manager for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
Reporting to the Director Finance & Admin, the Grants Manager will be responsible for grants management and administration to achieve project goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. S / he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects of related to management of subgrants. This will require close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and funder guidelines. The Grants Manager will supervise all staff with grants and contracts functions and make frequent field visits.
Application Deadline: September 25th, 2020 by 5:00PM EST
- Develop contract documents in compliance with funder requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management to execute quality subawards.
- Administer the full cycle of subaward management activities, from planning through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring / compliance visits, and closeout
- Use Pact’s subaward management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic Navigator) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact policy.
- Oversee budget management of project’s subaward pool and ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure timely training of subgrantees, contractors, and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with funder requirements. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with partners.
- Ensure that office systems for grants are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or to the funder as required
- Develop and update Country Office Subawards Manual in compliance with Pact HQ guidance
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Work with project staff to ensure that implementation of grants and contracts follows donor requirements
- Undergraduate degree and at least five years of relevant experience
- A demonstrated track record of successfully working with local organizations in a role administering or supporting the management of grants
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award
- Experience drafting and managing performance-based subawards
- Knowledge of USAID and other funder rules and regulations as related to subgrants, procurement, compliance, and cost principles
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build a full range of capacities for grant management
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues, and to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
- Accounting and customer relationship management software experience; Prior experience with Salesforce CRM and Serenic Navigator ERP platforms a significant advantage
Application Deadline: September 25th, 2020 by 5:00PM EST